Free Entrance to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star Families

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It shows at step number 1, "in review"...
If your DD-214 photo was clear, that should have cleared by now. Someone has to have the bad luck of getting in the slow queue I guess.

If your DD-214 photo was clear, that should have cleared by now. Someone has to have the bad luck of getting in the slow queue I guess.

The DD214 was the original from 20 years ago, so it's not super dark, but readable. However, the NGB 22 I submitted is crystal clear. I submitted on December 2, so it's only been 3 weeks. I'm assuming with all the holidays and whatnot, it won't reach approval status until after the new year...

I submitted on December 2, so it's only been 3 weeks.
Oh, I looked at your old posts here and thought that you applied the same day I did, November 18.
Thanks for the link, applying for the veteran card now....
Since you applied two weeks later, it should be a couple of weeks - or three with Christmas breaks.
Well, since my credit reports are currently frozen and I don't feel like unfreezing them, they couldn't verify my identity online. I have to do some sort of video call with IDme in order to submit my DD214 and other docs, so it may be a few days before I even get my identity verified. I waited in queue for over an hour and bailed out. I'll let you know how it progresses....
My credit reports are frozen, and I went thru IDme, but not with a video call. I just registered, added a copy of my DD-214 (recent copy as I'd lost my original but got a new copy recently), so we are having different experiences. It'll process in time.

VA sent an email today saying "approved". About an hour later I got an email saying "sent to printer", so I should have a card soon....

VA sent an email today saying "approved". About an hour later I got an email saying "sent to printer", so I should have a card soon....
So, you were two weeks behind me and it sounds like five weeks start to finish like I received even with variations. Glad it worked ok.

Mine came yesterday! Thanks so much for all of the information in this thread. I applied on 11/19.

Mine came yesterday! Thanks so much for all of the information in this thread. I applied on 11/19.
Well, that took longer than five weeks but six and a half ain't bad, especially in a pandemic over the holiday season. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom