Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mark, what about things that aren't fish? Sponges, molluscs, corals etc?
Observations of sponges, molluscs, corals etc can all be added to iNaturalist along with just about any plant and animal group you can think of. Naturally only fish observations can be added to Australasian Fishes.

Probably also worth pointing out that this is a government supported project and not just a bunch of people trying to scam photographers for free photos :)

I have to admit that was my initial thought until I clicked through (it's happened on these forums before), so you might want to clarify that upfront in your postings.

Thank you WetPup. That's an interesting point. I'm so naive!
Sadly, I can't see a way to open and edit my original post.

When you say "Australasian", does this include PNG? I notice all your existing entries are Australian or Kiwi, so didn't want to upload anything from our northern neighbour without checking first.

Hi WetPup. Thank you for asking. At the moment the project covers just Australia and NZ. As it expands we may bring PNG on board but for now Aust and NZ are keeping us very busy. No reason why you couldn't upload your PNG photos to iNaturalist though. They just wouldn't form part of the Australasian Fishes project.

Hey Mark, my handle there is the same as here CaptainCalamari.

I also found the mobile app, which makes image upload easy.

Thanks for that. I've just sent you an invitation to Australasian Fishes. Thank you for your interest.

Back
Top Bottom