Free offer for BUILD A MOUNT SYSTEM by Z Gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK Warren, do you think you can try out the BCD dive light as well? Do you have a bc that has a shoulder strap 2 1/1 inch or wider?
Most of my diving rigs use standard 2 inch webbing and I will give the light a try as well. But I am thinking that the light mounted on the pole may be more my speed.

Just making sure I get it right this time. I think the mono pole light mount kit instead of the combo kit will be a better fit for you, only because of your type of BC. Although I do want to clarify on comment regards to the light positioning. Whether in a horizontal position or vertical the adjustable light mount can be adjusted to give hands free illumination in any direction or position, the only requirement is that your shoulder strap must be at least 1 1/2 wide for the mount to work properly.

Can you please PM me your name and mailing address again Tony.

Thanks,
Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 10:05 PM ----------

Most of my diving rigs use standard 2 inch webbing and I will give the light a try as well. But I am thinking that the light mounted on the pole may be more my speed.

Yeah it looks like you and Tony have the same scenario. I can send you a mono pole light mount build kit as well.

Have fun building and using the mount!

Please pm me your name and mailing address!

I would consider it if you could please answer the following:

This mount kit is for a camera pole and for BC. Do you have or are you considering using a camera pole? I would also need a US address to mail out to, due to shipping costs.

Frank G
Z GEAR - Build A Mount - Camera Pole Light Mounts, Hands Free Dive Camera Mounts & Dive Light Mounts - Build A Mount

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 08:51 AM ----------

I don't think this is the right application for using to make a good man handle. Sorry. But do you use a camera pole ? Let me know, how this mount building kit would be used.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 08:57 AM ----------

Cool Tony I just want to verify that you will be trying it on a camera pole as well as making a light mount for your BC. I also want to make sure that your BC shoulder strap is at least 2 1/2 wide ( in other words not web only) the mount works best with some padding for it to cinch down on to.

Do you think you will be able to provide a review and some footage, and if so what time frame are we looking at.

Frank G
Z GEAR - Build A Mount - Camera Pole Light Mounts, Hands Free Dive Camera Mounts & Dive Light Mounts - Build A Mount

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 09:03 AM ----------

Do you currently use a camera pole? Do you like to go diving for lobster or night diving?

I currently have a SP gadgets hand grip.

I don't lobster but I do night dives. In fact I am going this Saturday (26th) night. And my BC strap fits your parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have a SP gadgets hand grip.

I am not sure if the camera pole light mount will actually work for this device. It is meant to attach to camera poles.

Frank G

For those of you who are going to receive the build kit for camera pole light mount , I was thinking if you wanted to experiment on building or creating something to encompass two lights for your camera pole let me know and I can send you more components to make your own version of a two light version of a camera pole light mount. Mind you it will probably be heavier but you can still use the handle to help distribute the weight when holding your monopole. Let me know if this interest you I can include these components in your package. Try and build both versions regular mono pole light mount and your own version and share them with us. I want to demonstrate that this is a universal system that can let you transform your mount into many different types by adding or re configuring the components.

Have fun, Be safe and always leash your gear!

Let me know if this is something you would like to try out.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 28th, 2015 at 09:58 AM ----------

Also interested. Just got the GoPro Hero Black and have a March trip planned to Chuuk (Truk Lagoon) as well as plenty of local (Florida) dives!

Do you have a camera pole? Want to make sure also that you have a bc that is not webbing only and shoulder strap is at least 2 1/2 inches wide, for the bcd light mount.

Frank G

Ok, I want to send a picture of the mount I was referring to. These extra components which I am sending for those who wanted to expand on there mono pole light mount to build a double light rig for their camera pole.

This is a good example how one can use the "BUILD a MOUNT" system. A great starter is by building a a single mono pole light mount for your camera pole and later getting additional components to to create your dual light set up.

Hope fully those who are doing this product review can get back to the forum and post us their findings as well as some video.
DSC08669.jpg

DSC08671.jpg

If you have questions please let me know.

This is uncharted territory so we can mess around with what type of mount actually works best in this scenario.
Remmember links or extended links can be added and adjusted to desired position.
This is just my example of what I think would be an example of a double light set up for a camera pole.

What are your thoughts?

Frank G

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom