Freediver missing in Eagle's Nest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I missing something? It seems to me that if in fact you do keep going deeper and longer as a free diver then either you hit a self imposed limit or you will with 100% certainty eventually have a shallow water black out.

I’m not going deeper and longer, but that’s what the kids were doing. I was doing repetitive dives to only about 18 feet and limiting them to around 45 seconds, maybe a minute at the most, no more than I would normally hold my breath lap swimming anyway. My ex buddy says it’s not even free diving, he calls it deep swimming.

Am I missing something? It seems to me that if in fact you do keep going deeper and longer as a free diver then either you hit a self imposed limit or you will with 100% certainty eventually have a shallow water black out.

Just my own opinion, if you dive for dbl digit years -- Every tank diver will get bent (not always treated), Every freediver will get SWB, and every camera will flood. In each case it's not a question of " IF ",,it's just a question of " When "

Just my own opinion, if you dive for dbl digit years -- Every tank diver will get bent (not always treated), Every freediver will get SWB, and every camera will flood. In each case it's not a question of " IF ",,it's just a question of " When "

Well I have had a camera flood and do not free dive. May depend on how aggressive one dives. Of the three SWB is clearly the most dangerous.

Nah, I don't believe that. And I was a commercial diver with nearly 5000 hours underwater. I've been cave diving for 20+ years with the longest dive at 10 hours, but most dives 4+ hours.

Nah, I don't believe that. And I was a commercial diver with nearly 5000 hours underwater. I've been cave diving for 20+ years with the longest dive at 10 hours, but most dives 4+ hours.
Never bent?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom