Freediving class in Jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey --

I am looking at putting together a freediving class in Jan and am seeing if there is any interest --its the first ever real freediving course taught through a scuba training agency.

Extended Range Freediving. PDIC Specialty Cert. 2 days --- 1 day of snorkeling and skin diving depths to 50 feet. Day two freediving from 60 to 100 feet. It includes rescue and a book written by the instructor.

Let me know here or in PM if you would be interested.

Kimber

kimber that sounds pretty cool except i dont think i have the balls to freedive any deeper that 50 ft or so maybe you can free dive the yukon :)

Are you teaching breath techniques to obtain those depths or is this restricted to divers with mutant lungs. I would love to be able to hit those depths, any under 25' is beyond my reach. Why not do this when the water is a little warmer?

California Diver:
kimber that sounds pretty cool except i dont think i have the balls to freedive any deeper that 50 ft or so maybe you can free dive the yukon :)

He he he -- wouldn't that be a trip! (-; Come on Tyler -- take the class with me. Gather a few more people and lets make it a party!

Kimber

dpbishop:
Are you teaching breath techniques to obtain those depths or is this restricted to divers with mutant lungs. I would love to be able to hit those depths, any under 25' is beyond my reach. Why not do this when the water is a little warmer?

Well -- I have never taken a freedving class so I will be learning right along with you -- I know there is no way I can get to 100' now either but he says it can be taught. Heck I dunno how deep I could go now. But yes --- he will be teaching breathing techniques to obtain these depths.

As to why I was thinking of Jan -- well -- it can be done anytime -- but it would be a nice time to take a break after all the holidays are over and do something fun and relaxing for ourselves. I am also thinking it may be nice to have an alternative thing to do on those crappy winter/spring weather days when we can't scuba dive. Lastly if you want to freedive and spearfish -- it may be nice to have time to get in some practice before those summer BBQ's! (-;

That said -- if interest is to do it a different time of year -- it can be done then -- or even more than once.

Kimber

shoot kimber sounds pretty cool, i may wanna try it

I'm sure the class would be fun... you'll be surprised at how easily the depths go as long as you can equalize... the pressure down at 100' on a breath of air is an indescribable experience. And being able to hold your breath isn't such a requirement.. my 100'+ dives down and back only take a bit more of 1 minute.,so very do-able, the trick is that you're working for that whole minute + though

Scubaboard should bring back the "snorkeling/freediving" forum....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom