Freediving with the greatest...4K

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hombre

You never disappoint with your great fish videos !
Where and when was the videos shot ? country ? Islands ?

This video provides an opportunity for all the bubble blowers to see a fish in its environment that they generally see displayed as a steak in the fish market or in a can on the grocers shelf.

Keep up the great work and keep on posting ! Viewing your fish video's is a good way for me to start the day in far off Kalifornia --" a cup of hot chocolate a biscotti and your fish video"

My dear friend and diving companion of 50 plus years, Ron Merker, set the second Blue fine record at Guadalupe island in 1964 (?) -- the same island that bubble blowers go to watch GWS from a cage. Ron's world record stood for 18 years until Dr. Terry Mass smashed it with his 400 pound fish. However Ron is really world famous as being the basic SCUBA instructor of SCUBA boards own @drbill - who eats tuna from a can .

You might enjoy reading about on the current thread September 22

keep up the good work and a big thanks for posting

Sam Miller, III

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-24_6-29-4.png
    upload_2018-9-24_6-29-4.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 49
It looks like hand-feeding herring to these big boys would be a Really Bad Idea... :D

However Ron is really world famous as being the basic SCUBA instructor of SCUBA boards own @drbill - who eats tuna from a can .

Sam, if you're referring to me, I stopped eating tuna fish from a can many years ago due to the mercury. I confess to chowing down on an occasional ahi steak though.

Thanks for your friendly feedback!
I'v been pioneering free-diving with giant bftuna for fifteen years and could make 2 observations among others:
-there is a leader in the school who do guiding the pack (the fish school is patrolling along the us east coast then do moving trough Atlantic to the north of Europe waters
-at the time tuna school is hunting in the herring school they swim as if you do not exist (behavor which make the things dangerous): for example by rushing to a prey swimming close to you... Then tuna keep their distance and avoid to eat a herring swimming close to you, as if the message could be: "You're invited to share the slaughter with us!"
an amazing feeling!!...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom