Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have experience with harnesses with a grommet in the middle of the webbing? Dive Rite basic harnesses are quite reasonable at the LDS, and sourcing webbing and hardware seems a bit trickier in Canada. I guess the grommet is unhelpful (no plans to use an STA on my aluminum FP), and I suspect they might scratch things up unless some care is taken.

Does anyone have experience with harnesses with a grommet in the middle of the webbing? Dive Rite basic harnesses are quite reasonable at the LDS, and sourcing webbing and hardware seems a bit trickier in Canada. I guess the grommet is unhelpful (no plans to use an STA on my aluminum FP), and I suspect they might scratch things up unless some care is taken.
It handy to show the center of the webbing, not useful otherwise, easily removed.

You can't order from Dive Gear Express in Canada?

You can't order from Dive Gear Express in Canada?
I can, but shipping starts at about USD25-30, which makes the overall price of USD50 worth of parts less attractive.

I can, but shipping starts at about USD25-30, which makes the overall price of USD50 worth of parts less attractive.

Ouch. Yeah, that's a bummer.

Dep. on how thick it is you may have to work it through slots. I never bothered removing mine and I don't think it scratched anything. At some point I just bought new webbing.

Just put the grommet in the back where the one strap goes over the other before it goes back into the top slot and out the front. It will just sit there and not bother anything.

Well Eric finally let go of his heavy FP
696F3D09-65FC-4485-9D30-EBC2A6FEA766.jpeg

Weight alone
791305C5-23BD-4E61-8A86-268F8E72AB29.jpeg

With rail and 6lb soft weight under the rail
7A008D33-B95C-4DB2-A8EC-FDC048D2774D.jpeg

I had an oxychec delux harness and installed it but I just don’t like such stiff webbing
4C815921-621D-457C-8128-80A50320A641.jpeg

So I just put my old FP harness on it.
A1917E29-927A-4DCA-B743-33E7143E8A2C.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom