Freedom Plate information bulletin: Please read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(I apologize before hand if these questions are answered somewhere in the 66 page Rolex of Plates thread, I've been going through the pages as fast as possible).

Are the current rails removable (I thought I saw a picture of one with the rails welded on)?

I currently use Oxyheq 18 and 30 Extreme Wings.
If I order the rails, will they still work with my wings?

What are the aluminum wedge blocks and are their pictures of them anywhere?

TIA-

Any pics of the new style plates? Also any way to check where we are on the list? I was confirmed but that was a ways back and no idea if I may have gotten lost in the shuffle. (totally understandable if so)
You are coming up in this run. I’ll rattle your cage early next week and we’ll get you squared away.

(I apologize before hand if these questions are answered somewhere in the 66 page Rolex of Plates thread, I've been going through the pages as fast as possible).

Are the current rails removable (I thought I saw a picture of one with the rails welded on)?

I currently use Oxyheq 18 and 30 Extreme Wings.
If I order the rails, will they still work with my wings?

What are the aluminum wedge blocks and are their pictures of them anywhere?

TIA-
The welded on rails are old news, that was version 3 a few years back.
The new version has a bolt on rail option, but if you're using the VDH or Oxycheq wings you don’t necessarily need the rail, you can just use the plate or you can use the wedge to kick out the bottom of the tank for a little more angle. After a lot of experimentation and trial use by loyal followers (and myself) the rail has now been designated as a STA adapter bracket for other wings that don’t necessarily jive with the FP configuration. The rail was once thought to be a necessary and critical component of the FP system, but is now no longer considered as such. We discovered that the rail was overkill and a little bit of over engineering on my part when it came to pairing the plate with VDH or Oxy wings.
I know, a lot of confusing options, but once you see the stuff and understand it, it will make perfect sense.

I know, a lot of confusing options, but once you see the stuff and understand it, it will make perfect sense.

Thanks for the info. Will you be posting pictures of the plate with wedge?

I'm interested.

Thanks for the info. Will you be posting pictures of the plate with wedge?

I'm interested.
I work exclusively off my iPhone now so as soon as I figure out how to post pics off my phone to this site I’ll do it.
I’m old (by millennial standards) and not the most device savvy person on earth.

If there are any left unspoken for, I'll take:

1x Medium SS FP
1x Rail Set
1x Wedge

So I see you posted last year that the medium was four and a half pounds for the SS version but this year you said it weighs 3 pounds 7 ounces. Is this years model lighter and different from last years model or was last years 4 1/2 pounds with the rail added?

Thanks.

So I see you posted last year that the medium was four and a half pounds for the SS version but this year you said it weighs 3 pounds 7 ounces. Is this years model lighter and different from last years model or was last years 4 1/2 pounds with the rail added?

Thanks.
That was with the rail added, rsils for the med and lg plates are about 1 lb. The medium plate by itself weighs 3.5 lbs.
At the time I believed the plate needed to be used with the rail for all wings and setups. However, more recently I learned from customers that the plate could be used without the rail with some wings, and it actually worked better.
So the protocol and weight status changed to match the current thinking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom