Freeflow at Dive Mode for S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

projekts

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a S600 2nd stage that will trigger free flow on the surface whenever i switch to Dive mode. It will stop immediately whenever I switch it back to Pre-Dive mode, or cover the mouth piece
It will happen as long it's in Dive mode, doesn't matter what setting i had set the adjustment knob to, max or min flow
Does anyone know what is the cause of it and how to solve this issue?

This is why it has pre-dive mode for the surface :). When it is in dive mode and you put it diaphragm down you initiate the flow with the positive pressure of the water on the diaphragm and the venturi effect assists in keeping the diaphragm depressed.
It's not an issue its how the reg is designed. Your reg might be tuned on a sensitive side. You can of case down-tune it but it will breath worse. Just get into a habit of switching it to pre-dive.

BTW the knob does not adjust the flow. The knob adjusts the initial cranking effort that is the effort required to initiate the flow.

Last edited:
Turning the adjustment knob can act like a venturi switch but is not desgned to be used in that way. Although more than a few divers who buy regs and are not taught how to use the adjustment knob properly seem to do that quite a bit. However if the reg is freeflowing in the dive position no matter what postion the knob is in it should be adjusted. Go to www.frogkick.dk and download the manual for it or post this in the DIY section. Someone will be able to tell you how to adjust it yourself. As an instructor you should be able to take care of a simple problem like this your own gear pretty much anywhere and at any time. Having the service manuals or knowing where to look for them will help. Sending this to you via PM as well.

All of the second stages are set to a standard 'out of the box'. The Pre-Dive/Dive or "VIVA' will freeflow on the surface when set to DIVE when out of the mouth. Many professional divers have specific requests on how they like their regulators are tuned however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom