• Following Other People is OK

• Following Other People is Creepy

• Bring Back Buyer Seller Ratings!

• Sounds Like They Could be Useful

• Glad They are Gone

• I Couldn't Care Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We lost what I consider to be two important functions when ScubaBoard dropped vBulletin for Xenforo. I made this known in the past but maybe new options have become available. So here is a totally benign poll. I'm just curious to see how others feel about these two issues.

"Friends" (those avatars you see in your personal settings page):

In the past, I could issue a friend request and it would show up in notices and either get ignored or accepted. This was nice as there was a mutual OK/OK understanding. Even better, if one or the other decided that it isn't working anymore then either could delete the other member from the "Friends" gallery and all would be quietly put back to the way it was. I really liked the old way, I could look at my friends and remember why each was there. Many happy/funny memories. Now I can only follow people. Puppies and perverts do that.

"My Trader Rating":

This is (IMHO) a serious loss. There is a lot of buying and selling on the board. It used to be so nice to see comments and buying/selling ratings of a prospective business partner. There were a few scoundrels outed too. I'll resist naming any of the 'all stars' even though I really want to.

This is really two polls combined into one, I have no doubt that you can figure it out...

I see no need to following/friending anyone, but buyer/seller ratings would be a good thing.

I asked this thread be deleted as I didn't properly add the poll. But we could just go on from here, no biggie.

I think I fixed it, can't edit previous entries but it is pretty obvious. Let's go on from here, sorry mods, nevermind...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom