Frogman drysuit first impression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer! Regardless, the suit looks great. Thanks the info.

Got all the way to the island and turned back to harbor, wind came in earlier than expected.
View attachment 638660

Vlad, that DS looks radical. I am surprise how well it fit you, like a glove. Kudos to the Russian manufacturers, seems they are very competitive. Too bad I am way too far from the Mother land.

Vlad, that DS looks radical. I am surprise how well it fit you, like a glove. Kudos to the Russian manufacturers, seems they are very competitive. Too bad I am way too far from the Mother land.
Well, I'm in California, hard to get much farther from Moscow :)

Sorry, but the fit doesn't look like MTM...
Hmm, sure. If by that you mean it's not a cave cut-no, it's not. Feels like a normal fit suit. I could wear heavier undies if need be (I wear super light undergarments , the lightest of all diver in California I know). But you do you, if you like a different fit-sure, get the one right for you.

Update: did 3 dives with the suit today. It works just as intended. Easy to put on on the boat. I was completely dry (fully expected, of course). The dump valve is well placed and easy to use. Just a tad lower on the arm would be 100% perfect. But it's placed just like Ursuit or Santi does. DIR placement on Sea Skin Nova was a tiny bit better. For me, when dumping in trim. The Pockets are as excellent as they look. Suit is already a bit softer than it was out of the box. I expect 15-20 dives of "break in" for material to get to the final "softness". My shoulder mobility is not affected by the suit, I can reach valves just as always. I am a very happy camper. Combined with my new Neo, "oh, so soft" Yamamoto neoprene, custom MTM hood-it feels fantastic! Wanna hear about the hood-let me know :)

Please, do tell about the hood! Always looking for great reviews of good gear! Thanks for the report on the suit.

Please, do tell about the hood! Always looking for great reviews of good gear! Thanks for the report on the suit.
I got this NEO neoprene hood from Helium Dive Gear, another Russian company. They are made in Hong Kong to Helium specs. Custom size (you send 3 measurements, Helium has a measuring guide). Made of a real Yamamoto neoprene. 5 and 7 mm are available. My head is not standard. I always thought that I have to live with the hood that is too tight. Always used 3/5mm Waterproof XXL one. Thinking it's the best I can do. Now, this Neo hood is so much better! No squeezing into it, I don't know it's there. So soft and comfy.
PXL_20210206_202908171.jpg
PXL_20210206_202908171.jpg
PXL_20210206_202925392.jpg
PXL_20210206_015202357.jpg
PXL_20210206_015227904.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom