From Drought to Flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Tropical Storm Debby has dropped some tremendous amounts of water on us over the last three days. We desperately needed the rain to ease some of the drought conditions here, but are sorry to report that cave diving conditions will be hampered in the coming days and perhaps weeks. The next few days will tell us a lot, but if river predictions are accurate, flooding will be intense. Attached is a picture of a site we filmed at for the Water's Journey show. It is now taking millions of gallons of storm water and debris into Mother Earth. It was a remarkable site today.
Our thoughts go out to all who have suffered from family and property losses and through this storm.
Many roads in the region are closed, including the interstate and many highways. Be careful if you are visiting. There are not enough cops and traffic cones to warn you of deep water on roads. If you aren't sure you can get through, don't drive into water.
Siphon5888.jpg

We are going to have to do a lot of cleanup at some sites removing trash and debris from inside. Thanks for the pictures, if you have any others would you mind posting? My family has some serious flooding around the homes, none inside that I know of yet, but calling home is difficult so I am not sure.

I'm going to head out and film tomorrow, so I will post pics. Sorry to hear about your family's flooding. I saw a lot of damage today from high water and a lot of people wandering in the rain wondering what to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom