From Isla Mujeres - Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Balam Nautic Center

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hola to all the divers of ScubaBoard.
I'm the owner of a recent small divecenter in the pretty Isla Mujeres (Mexico) where I'm offering dives completely different from the most diving centers in the world. As a little bit experienced research diver, I was lookin' for new spots for a while and I found at least 6 different spots totally unknown. Each trip we do, it's an adventure and wth my crews we meet frequently lemon, bull and sometime tiger sharks. We never feed them, they are enough big and smart to find their food by themselves!
My center is located in a very beautiful hotel and I offer special dive packs. My politic is totally against big diving boats with 30 divers on the same spot... Maybe I will never earn a fortune in the scuba diving business... but I consider my self already enough reach and happy to discover almost every day the beauty of the bottoms of this side of the planet. For further informations don't esitate to contact me here. Good visibility to all of you. Ciao
Guido born in 1967 (diver since 1981)
PADI IDC Staff instructor EFR Instructor Cmas 3stars Dan member
more than 5000 dives (sorry but impossible to log all!)

Attachments

• guixmsn.jpg
    guixmsn.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 53
Guido, Hola quetal! I just moved to Playa and had a great dive with Freddy at Mestizo divers on Cozumel 2 days ago, it was incredible! I will make a point to cruise on up and go with you and your staff sometime soon! Hasta luego! Randy

Congrats. Dove Cozumel this summer and fell in love with it. I will be back in the summer and will come through your spot on the way down. What is the name of the hotel you are in? Best of luck, tlp

Hi diverfriend! I am in the Nabalam hotel... you can find it on internet !!!
In summer here it's the whale sharks season!!! I promise the encounter with hundreds of them !!! Let's stay in touch :wink:
Guido

Welcome, I'm planning on going down there next year, will look you up for sure.
Adrian

Dove with Guido and friends couple of weeks ago. Unbelievable spots and great deal and friendship! I was running out of air and Guido offering me to share his air (it seems he doesn't breath underwater!) and we were swimming together with a lemon shark for a while... and the next day we meet four big sea turtles playing and doing something else :wink: and another day a hudge eagle ray dancing around us...
very great experience. Me and my wife will repeat as soon as possible but with a camera this time... Greetings
Jeremy and Jessica from Belgium

Hola Guido. My wife and I are Palace members but we don't always dive with the resort dive op. We were just looking at booking a Spring Vacation to Isla Mujeras, our first trip to the island. How far are you from the Palace property?

Hola Nob. Thanks for your post... Please specify me wich Palace and where... if you talk about the Moon Palace it's not so far, 30 minutes to the porth and 15 min. to join the island. So in this case you can stay there (with your membership) and come almost everyday to dive and visit the island. But if you talk about the Mayan Palace, or the Playacar Palace, distances are much longer and it's better that you plan to stay a couple of days on the island. I can find for you very confortable and cheap accomodations there. Let me know and let's stay in touch. Ciao :wink:

Back
Top Bottom