Front Zip 5mil wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I love my Mares Origin 5mil front zip but its way old and its time for new. But in the US market, I can't get the Mares front zip Pioneer (successor to the Origin) - its a EU stock item only and noone will ship stateside. Apart from the Henderson 3mil, are there any other front zips, especially in 5 mil?

I find with the 5 mil front zip, I can dive it in way warm water with the zip down for cooling, or add a core warmer for the colder waters - for me its max flexibility in one suit. Not sure why noone else has caught on to this concept.

Thanks

Yeah, no longer available. Closed out item. Anyone else?

Try Xcel they have about every option you can think of. Their website is pretty good Xcel Wetsuits. I use the 8.7.6 front zip with hood and its a great suit at a good price.

Ah thanks guys for the responses - they are at least something to look at. The Xcels though are all chest zip - front zips are vertical, neck to crotch, similar to how backzips are.....

I have a 7mm front zip shorty and Jane for sale..

So I came across the Cressi Diver 5mil front zip. Cressi Scuba Diving Diving Wear 5 7 mm neoprene suit front zip diving scuba rental school tempered water man

Cressi catalog only pictures the 7mil with the hood; the five doesn't have the hood and the zip is vertical neck to crotch, not angled. Hefty zipper in front and ankle zippers. Not sure about ankle zip as I've never had them, but its a small thing. Clearly not Mares quality or attractiveness, but also not the price or complex sewing patterns they use - its the basic black wetsuit construction style - really what else do we need anyway? Slid on way quick out of the box on dry skin. I'll pool dive it next week.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom