FS: (2) Faber XS Scuba Steel 100HP White

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a note, 3180 plus is NOT a 3442 but a 3498 as noted up top, however, if used outside of cave country, is not supposed to be "plus filled" since they are already going for another hydro.

...however, if used outside of cave country, is not supposed to be "plus filled" since they are already going for another hydro.
I am not sure I understand that. A 3AA tank can be requalified with the plus rating and most test facilities will do it as long as the additional testing is requested and an REE number is available for the tank. Faber is good about making the REE numbers available and they are usually stamped on the tank.

^ Yep. The idea of "losing your plus rating on the first re-hydro" is an old wives' tale. You can get any plus-rated steel tank re-tested for the plus, though it may be more difficult to find a hydro facility that can/will do so.

I had a tank that was sent in for hydro, and they forgot to plus-rate it. My shop sent it back to the hydro facility and it came back with a plus stamped next to the new hydro date.

Does anyone know the size specs on these?

DA:

You are correct about the tank.

They are a 3AA tank, at 3180 plus rating to 3442.

Apparently XS SCuba, OMS and others were selling Faber tanks in 2004.

I am not good at all about posting a picture here. If you will PM me with an email address I will take one for you.

ah, that's an LP 100. Not the same critter I'm looking for.

If these are HP and 3180+10%, then they are the OLD Faber HP tanks... not the newer FX-100's.

(Faber made two different models of 100cf steel tanks).

the 3180psi+10% were known as the faber HP-100's and the newer ones known as FX-100's.

Does anyone know the size specs on these?

they are heavy as boat anchors. something like -14 pounds negative when full and almost 40 pounds dead weight on dry land. (off the top of my head). Imagine a set of doubles being -28+ pounds negative!

Hang on and I'll find the specs for you.

EDIT: Here ya go

from http://www.huronscuba.com/equipment/scubaCylinderSpecification.html

Manufacturer & Nominal Capacity |Service pressure, psi | Actual air capacity, cu. Ft. (at +10%) | Outer diameter, in | Length without valve, in | Empty weight, lbs | Buoyancy Empty, lbs (w/valve) | Buoyancy Full, lbs (w/valve)
Faber 100 | 3180 +10% | 100 | 7.25 | 24.01 | 38.7 | -7.26 | -14.76

and from http://www.tdl.divebiz.net/pub/tanks.html

Manufacturer & Nominal Capacity | Service pressure, psi | Final capacity, in cu. Ft. (+10%) | Outer diameter, in inches | Finish | Length without valve, in | Empty weight, lbs | Buoyancy Empty, lbs (w/valve) | Buoyancy Full, lbs (w/valve)
Faber HP-100 | 3180 +10% | 100 | 7.25 | Triple | 24.01 | 38.7 | -7.26 | -14.76

True...they are heavy and negative, but this is all weight you can take off your weight belt. I have two and love diving them as singles. If I were to dive them as doubles they might be a little too negative unless I was diving dry, which im not. But then again im not diving doubles either. So they are ideal for me and the type of diving im doing. I would not shy away from these tanks at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom