FS: 2x HP120 3500PSI, Manifold, Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankc420

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Up for sale:

2x PST HP120 3500PSI Tanks - $200 each
1x Genesis Manifold - $100
1x Bands - $100

If my prices are off, let me know, IN PRIVATE!

I'll post pictures tonight. I bought these as doubles a little over a year ago and broke them out into singles, both tanks have plugs in the valve to allow for singles diving.

Haven't dove them since I bought them, so I figure I could free up some space and make someone else happy! :D

Take this first post as a feeler for those interested in said items, I'll have to get pics and tank specs tonight, such as Hydro. They will def need a VIS and probably need to be tumbled to use with O2.

I was gonna say that I was interested, but realized that I was actually pretty broke... I'd have to sell off my HP100's to make it happen... you shouldn't have any probs selling these tho.

Are these the smaller neck tanks? I think they were 7/16" instead of the current 3/4"?

Couple of questions:

1. What are the original hydro dates of these Genesis HP 120's?
2. What is the date of the most recent hydro?
3. Are these painted? Or are they simply galvanized and unpainted?
4. Have these ever been dived in salt water?
5. Can you explain your statement about these tanks needing to be tumbled? Is there internal rust? If so, is this rust more than simply flash rust? Or did you hear something rattling around inside?
6. What make and model of valve is on them?

I have a pair of these that I've dived doubled up for about ten years. I really like them. I'd like to find another set.

Thanks

I was gonna say that I was interested, but realized that I was actually pretty broke... I'd have to sell off my HP100's to make it happen... you shouldn't have any probs selling these tho.

Are these the smaller neck tanks? I think they were 7/16" instead of the current 3/4"?

Yep, they are the smaller neck tanks.

Couple of questions:

1. What are the original hydro dates of these Genesis HP 120's?
2. What is the date of the most recent hydro?
3. Are these painted? Or are they simply galvanized and unpainted?
4. Have these ever been dived in salt water?
5. Can you explain your statement about these tanks needing to be tumbled? Is there internal rust? If so, is this rust more than simply flash rust? Or did you hear something rattling around inside?
6. What make and model of valve is on them?

I have a pair of these that I've dived doubled up for about ten years. I really like them. I'd like to find another set.

Thanks

1. This will be posted tonight.
2. Same as #1
3. They are grey in color, I believe galvanized
4. I bought them used, this wasn't one of the questions I asked.
5. I meant they would need to be tumbled if used with O2 (as would any tank if your being safe). I have not looked in the tanks to know the internal condition. No, they do not make any noise :D
6. Make is Genesis, will have to get the model # tonight.

Original and only hydro, 12/01 - Japan Spun

Pics (click for larger image):

Franc420, thanks for showing the photos of your HP 120's. I was/am looking for HP tanks that are similar to my own. My HP 80's (original hydro 1988, originally sold as "Sherwood Genesis HP 80's") and my HP 120's (original hydro 1997) have a gradual slope where the neck of the tank meets its shoulder, and are stamped "DOT-E9791-3500." They do NOT have the welded-in-pipe-like neck and the "DOT-E12079-3500", "EKHR-", "SPUN JAPAN", and "GENESIS ST 120" stamps that your tanks have. If you search my SB posts you can see photos of mine. Do you know how these apparently two different types of tanks compare? Are yours simply newer versions of mine?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom