FS Aqualung Legend LX acd supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the circle is finally closed. Zach got his regulator upgraded....he now has Legend LX second stages for primary and backup and all is working well.

Zack and the crew stopped by the store on their way to dive the Big O. As promised, he brought me a case of Miller Lite and a great picture of a great white shark. All is well with the world!

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

It was nice of phil to do the upgrade for zach. Letz give phil a look when we need gear. But what i dont understand how someone doesnt have any $$$$ to do upgrade himself but can afford dive trip 100s of miles away rent necessary gear pay for expenses etc, including a case of beer. Beer alone would of paid for upgrade

. Beer alone would of paid for upgrade

somehow I doubt that a case of Miller Light (avg $14 bucks (cans)) would have even come close to paying for the parts, much less the labor of a qualified regulator technician....

I'm sure that the reg owner purchased some items also when he stopped by Phil's shop and I'm sure he will prob make future purchases there.....

It was nice of phil to do the upgrade for zach. Letz give phil a look when we need gear. But what i dont understand how someone doesnt have any $$$$ to do upgrade himself but can afford dive trip 100s of miles away rent necessary gear pay for expenses etc, including a case of beer. Beer alone would of paid for upgrade

Give me a break! This was a trip in which he's working to finishing up his DM. The instructors are doing it very much "on the cheap" in terms of accomodations, carpooling, etc. He and a buddy were taking the opportunity while in the area to get out and dive the Oriskany, something they've both wanted to do for along time. He borrowed some gear to do it, including one of my tanks, and isn't renting anything.

If you don't know the facts then it's best of just keep your mouth shut! You know what they say about making assumptions.

Thanks Jim, since you pretty much summed it up, I just wanted to say that I am fortunate enough to have a buddy that is completing his DM along with me, who covered gas and hotel expenses, along with the turkey sandwiches we ate for four days. Unfortunatley it was all for not, a small craft advisory left us dry and we limped home with our tails between our legs. Meeting Phil however made the trip worthwhile. He and his shop are something special, and as mentioned previously, I have made purchases from him and will continue to provide my business in the future.

Thanks Jim, since you pretty much summed it up, I just wanted to say that I am fortunate enough to have a buddy that is completing his DM along with me, who covered gas and hotel expenses, along with the turkey sandwiches we ate for four days. Unfortunatley it was all for not, a small craft advisory left us dry and we limped home with our tails between our legs. Meeting Phil however made the trip worthwhile. He and his shop are something special, and as mentioned previously, I have made purchases from him and will continue to provide my business in the future.

Yeah, I even sold Zack a pair of customized spring straps.....one small and one medium. Sorry about that Zack. I will get it straight.

Nice meeting you guys. Thanks very much for going out of your way to stop by and visit. Oh, the scuba juice was great! Thanks again.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Phil

I would like to ad that because of your great response to this this thread you just made a new customer.I just placed an order with you,keep up the good work.

Thank You
Billy

Back
Top Bottom