FS: Complete MMII-ex Setup for sale- Like new condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Most eqpt Barely used, some accessories/lenses were never used..

The system, consists of mmii-ex plus stobe, wide angle lens and macro lenses, lense holder, dual stobe holder plate (on side has to be retapped if you want to add a second strobe), high point view finder, and any extras I can locate in my spares..

This has sat in my closet for a long time without use.. I received a full digital setup shortly after purchasing this so it got limited use.. I paid over $3000 for everything.. This camera takes excellent pictures, and the lenses can be changed underwater..

I will take $1500 or ONO.. otherwise it goes up on ebay

Will only ship to the US.. Paypal to confirmed address or US postal money order only..

Pictures available upon request by email.. (I only have hi rez photos that are too big for scubaboard)

reduced $1350

reduced again 1200

Not trying to insult you here, but the asking price is way too high.

I have been eyeing ebay for months trying to get a MM2 16mm wide angle for a decent price.

Used price are typically:
MM2 with strobe, arm and plate: $100
wide angle lens $100-175 depending on lens
lens holder about $7
view finder: $12 - 50 depending on model

fire_diver:
Not trying to insult you here, but the asking price is way too high.

I have been eyeing ebay for months trying to get a MM2 16mm wide angle for a decent price.

Used price are typically:
MM2 with strobe, arm and plate: $100
wide angle lens $100-175 depending on lens
lens holder about $7
view finder: $12 - 50 depending on model

Not insulted but many of your assumptions are wrong...

The mm2 is considerably cheaper than the mm2-ex (its several years older), also many of the MMII (not ex) were sold with the ys-50 stobe which is basically useless on any other camera.. The ys-60 can be used with many digital cameras in manual and with ttl adapters

I have NEVER seen the high eyepoint viewfinder on sale.. always the cheaper ones.. definately not in the last 3 months.. The HP is definately the one to get if you have multiple lenses.. The best online price I found for a new one is $311 plus shipping

The ys-60 strobe typically sells for $250-$300 on its own.. (I watched ebay before I put it up)

2 wa lens (both 16mm and 20mm) plus both macro lenses (2T and 3t)

even If I only asked for 50% of heavily discounted retail
the 2 wa lenses would be around $400, the 2 macro lenses about $200, $160 for the viewfinder, $275 for the ys-60.. thats already $1035

add in the sync cord and strobe holder bracket and camera, my last request is in this range..

The HP viewfinder can be used for several cameras Not Just MM and is still sold, the ys-60 stobe is as well..

The lenses with adapters can be used on many digital cameras (and are still sold).. Considering several of the components have NEVER been used.. Its a fair price..

I'm just selling it because It has only a hand full of dives on a few of the parts.. I was given a deal on a complte digital setup that I couldnt refuse...

I have had a few offers that are getting near the price I want..

Must sell reduced to $1000

Not to say it isn't worth it, but just bough a brand new MMII ex 60 strobe 20mm wide, in the box on EBay for $238.00. It seems everyone is digital and the price fell out of film.

reidman:
Not to say it isn't worth it, but just bough a brand new MMII ex 60 strobe 20mm wide, in the box on EBay for $238.00. It seems everyone is digital and the price fell out of film.

You got a steal.. The strobe is more than that (and it works woth many cameras including digital as does the 20mm wide)..

Actuall most of the MMII-ex stuff can be used with alot of digital cameras with the right adapters...

Good to know, when I finally go digital. Sure sucks to not get a preview and be limited to the number of pictures in a dive. I have a cheap underwater digital and the pictures suck, no strobe, dark as mud. So I am really looking forward to the MMII ex next week in Aruba! You might try selling your camera stuff a piece at a time. I have seen the accessories go for a lot more then the complete camera kit. People already have the camera and want more as they can afford it. Case in point today a 2t close up went for $79.00 viewfinder for $99.00 strobe for $160.00, lens holder for $59.00
it all adds up real quick. But a complete kit with case only went for $256.01
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7611941878&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
So split it up sell some to me.

I sold a MMII about 5 years ago when I changed to a housed SLR. I sold the whole thing just like you are. It went on EBay as a package with strobes, lenses, even a Pelican case for it all. I never got close to my reserve price of $1200. Then I split it up and sold the parts on their own. I kept the pelican case. I ended up with over $1500 for the whole thing. So, my advice to you is Split it up, you will get more money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom