FS: KISS Gem SCR rebreather with Shearwater Predator, Great Deal!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rusty762

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This Auction is for one KISS Gem Semi closed rebreather, this is a passive addition semi closed rebreather. It is a totally mechanical system that replenishes the loop with new gas at a rate that is keyed directly to the divers own metabolic rate. The gas is added to the loop at a ration of approximately 3 to 1, extending the duration of any cylinders gas supply by a factor of three. This unit has very little use, it was used in the pool for training and one day of diving in the ocean. The Shearwater predator is fully unlocked (Trimix/Closed Circuit Rebreather) and was purchased new for $1695. The Gem retails for $3880 without the Shearwater Predator, I am selling the entire kit for $2500!
Everything is complete and in excellent condition. The Zeagle travel wing was included with the Gem but never used as I had a Steel backplate that was used instead. I am selling the Gem because I dive CCR and this was only purchased to go through the class with some friends that were going on a trip with me to Cocos. The Shearwater computer has a screen protector on it and has never been removed. There is also a LP hose that will be included that attached to your scuba regulator and the ADV on the loop.

The GEM is not a stand-alone apparatus, but rather an add-on system comprised of a scrubber, counterlung's, loop hose's and DSV mouthpiece designed to work with most any Nitrox-ready regulator, scuba cylinder (aluminum or steel) and technical BCD fitted with 2-inch webbing. The heart of this system is the scrubber canister. The top section of this canister – the head unit – is fitted with two hose attachment points and an over-pressure exhaust valve. The cylindrical bottom, which threads into the scrubber head, is sized to hold a single Micropore ExtendAir #SR-0801C large bore CO2 absorbent cartridge.
(KISS Rebreathers also offers a separate canister kit to allow the use of Molecular 797 Grade (812 Mesh) Sofnolime.)

Here is a link to the KISS Website

http://www.kissrebreathers.com/gem-scr.html

Attachments

• photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 2 copy.jpg
    photo 2 copy.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back