Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChainSaw0069

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are looking at Full Face Mask for our team. At the time I have been leaning towards the Divator MK II FFM with hard line communication. On our our members likes the EXO FFM. I would like some opinions from those of you who are already using FFM as to the Pros and Cons on these FFM.

Go with the MKII. Much better for PSD than the EXO.

Gary D.

I purchased both and after a period of time, I "retired" the EXO and stuck with the Interspiro Mk II (a/k/a the AGA mask). With the Interspiro mask, the field of view is better (not that we see that much anyway), it is lighter in weight, it is typically cheaper and easier to maintain and it allows for convenient accessory options. Options include the "hatch" that allows the diver to breathe air on the surface while the mask is donned, without depleting the scuba cylinder. The Interspiro mask also allows accessory rails to be added to the lens so a diver can mount lights or video systems on the mask (shown at: Dive Rescue International - Equipment for water rescue professionals). Field repairs (if needed) are easier with the Interspiro mask and the firefighters on your team will adapt to the Interspiro mask easily since it is very similar to the SCBA face pieces that they already use.

It will be interesting to see what other forum members have to say but I suspect a large majority of the PSD team members will also prefer the Interspiro Mk II mask.

I concur our team is very satisfied with the MK II for PSD. A team located south of me had Exo's and sold them to purchase the MKII after we assisted them in some training and let them try ours.

Thanks for the info. The MK II seems to be the way to go.

I'd wait just a bit and try out the new one OTS is coming out with.

I'd wait just a bit and try out the new one OTS is coming out with.

I have a couple teams waiting on these, most cant keep waiting as the release date keeps getting pushed back....its now August

Its called the Guardian, I have a couple on order for a newly forming dive team and packs alot for the price...

The EXO was designed as a replacement/compeditor to the AGA for light weight surface supplied diving. It does not work as well as a SCUBA mask. It is also overkill for teh shalow depths that you will mostly encounter. It is designed for 100' to 200' diving in sea water.

I am not PSD, but I have some experience with the Divator II. It is a good solid mask, easy to learn with, comfortable to dive, durable, and instills a great deal of confidence if you are new to FFM. I can't give you pros and cons vs other masks, but I would recommend the Divator without hesitation.

We also dive hardwired mics and headsets, it is a pain dragging the line around, but it works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom