Full face snorkeling mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I certainly don't think any piece of equipment is a substitute for having a reasonable comfort in the water and common sense, whether you are diving or casually snorkeling.

I don't think this mask is worthy of alarm bells, personally. A waste of money? Yeah, most likely. Will it be a top seller? I doubt it. A death trap? Probably no more "dangerous" than split fins :wink: That is, of course, my two cents.

It will allegedly go on sale in Europe in Spring of this year. I'm sure it will end up being just another gimmicky idea that will never get off the ground anyway.

Ok...How much do I owe you for comparing this mask with split fins!! ??? :) :)

And my bet is you are great at singing Kumbaya around the campfire. Good luck with your version of reality.

I'm teaching Tennis for a living, going on 14 years, now. The last few years, I used to occasionally 'evaluate' pros(hitting, talking) for my boss, before she'd bring them in for a formal interview. Long story short, any of the stuff you wrote in #3 and #5(in terms of attitude), and they never got that interview ...

I'm teaching Tennis for a living, going on 14 years, now. The last few years, I used to occasionally 'evaluate' pros(hitting, talking) for my boss, before she'd bring them in for a formal interview. Long story short, any of the stuff you wrote in #3 and #5(in terms of attitude), and they never got that interview ...

I have an ENTIRELY different take on diving than you and many others.... I see the ocean as a great wilderness, and exploring it as a sport.
I am fine with mentoring those that I think could be good at diving....and I do not believe that everyone should dive. I don't teach for money....never did, never will..... So this attitude of some instructors that "the right instructor" can teach anyone, is not something I care to endorse.....In fact, I think at least 10 to 20% of people that are going out on charter boats to dive off the keys, Cayman, Cozumel, or Florida, should never have been certified--should have been failed from the class.
When a person is afraid of the water, they don't learn well. When they are phobic about it, they don't learn at all. People with these issues come to diving, and try to prove to someone that they can beat their fears--but this is a foolish gambit that might work once in a million times. The instructor that actually cares about people, rather than just caring about expanding the market base of scuba..this instructor will HELP the phobic by explaining to them much better options for them exist, than their becoming a scuba diver--or even a snorkeler for those that get panicked with a snorkel.

So you as a tennis pro, can see a gifted athlete you immediately know should be coached to compete.....you can see the average player that should get weekly lessons for a very long time, and they can learn to become a B player or so.....and be quite profitable for you and the complex/Country Club, whatever...and you can see those with no hand & eye coordination, who will never be able to play well ---but who with the right drills, and the right instruction, can learn to ENJOY the game..even if they can't ever be great at it.... Unlike diving, their lack of any real ability will NEVER KILL THEM.

I have an ENTIRELY different take on diving than you and many others.... I see the ocean as a great wilderness, and exploring it as a sport.
I am fine with mentoring those that I think could be good at diving....and I do not believe that everyone should dive. I don't teach for money....never did, never will..... So this attitude of some instructors that "the right instructor" can teach anyone, is not something I care to endorse.....In fact, I think at least 10 to 20% of people that are going out on charter boats to dive off the keys, Cayman, Cozumel, or Florida, should never have been certified--should have been failed from the class.
When a person is afraid of the water, they don't learn well. When they are phobic about it, they don't learn at all. People with these issues come to diving, and try to prove to someone that they can beat their fears--but this is a foolish gambit that might work once in a million times. The instructor that actually cares about people, rather than just caring about expanding the market base of scuba..this instructor will HELP the phobic by explaining to them much better options for them exist, than their becoming a scuba diver--or even a snorkeler for those that get panicked with a snorkel.

So you as a tennis pro, can see a gifted athlete you immediately know should be coached to compete.....you can see the average player that should get weekly lessons for a very long time, and they can learn to become a B player or so.....and be quite profitable for you and the complex/Country Club, whatever...and you can see those with no hand & eye coordination, who will never be able to play well ---but who with the right drills, and the right instruction, can learn to ENJOY the game..even if they can't ever be great at it.... Unlike diving, their lack of any real ability will NEVER KILL THEM.

Much more agreeable. Based on the comments I had referred to, you came across as someone with a pretty big "can't learn" bin ...

BTW, in re to that mask atrocity, looking at the volume made me wonder ... couple of ankle weights on someone wearing that thing, and you could probably turn them into a live buoy:wink:

Much more agreeable. Based on the comments I had referred to, you came across as someone with a pretty big "can't learn" bin ...

BTW, in re to that mask atrocity, looking at the volume made me wonder ... couple of ankle weights on someone wearing that thing, and you could probably turn them into a live buoy:wink:
No doubt :) ! Unless of course they swim into someone and get it kicked loose..then without the buoyancy, they could look like a Jart that someone just tossed onto the bottom. :)

Jarts--> jarts.jpg

No doubt :) ! Unless of course they swim into someone and get it kicked loose..then without the buoyancy, they could look like a Jart that someone just tossed onto the bottom. :)

Jarts--> View attachment 176421

Think, I'll look those up ... Lot more fun than doin' yard work!!

As I always say, not everything is for everyone.
A good dive instructor should say no to a person that's better not go into diving.
Even worst, Scuba diving can kill you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom