Full PhD scholarship recording bubbles in divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With bubbles being an imperfect predictor of DCS, how will this become a workable decompression algorithm?

Holy cow, that must be some big chamber. Are there photos online anywhere? I'm not a PhD candidate, just interested in seeing your chamber.

I'm on my way there now, I'll take a snap for you. It is pretty flash. There is a full hyperbaric bathroom in the next room, with a flushing toilet, and when you need towels, anywhere in the hospital, they are delivered by robots. I'm not joking, (okay, I will get a photo of a robot delivering stuff).

With bubbles being an imperfect predictor of DCS, how will this become a workable decompression algorithm?
It won't, it will be a bubble-prediction algorithm.

Okay, here is where we are going to build the pool.
upload_2021-7-23_13-7-36.jpeg

This is the bathroom next door, and then the big main chamber is on the other side of the bathroom.
upload_2021-7-23_13-10-58.jpeg

Here is a "robot" delivering linen (well, it is actually a self-guided delivery vehicle)
upload_2021-7-23_13-8-53.jpeg

And here are a couple heading back to the laundry for another load
upload_2021-7-23_13-9-47.jpeg

Interesting.
What kind of Master Degree do the candidates need to have? Engineering? Medical Doctor? Biotechnology?
Are candidates already holding another PhD allowed to participate in the selection?

This is the first thing that has made me even consider another doctoral degree.

Here is a "robot" delivering linen (well, it is actually a self-guided delivery vehicle)

There's people here in town you may want to talk to about delivering sandwiches:

2019-10-25-dining-delivery-robot-exterior-4-400x600.jpg

This is the first thing that has made me even consider another doctoral degree.
Go for it if you can!

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom