Fun Dive in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
The best dive I can think of in the Keys is Capt Slate's Creature Feature. He only does the dive on Friday's. The dive is in about 35ft of water. It is really awesome. They do a feeding near The City of Washington. You can pet the sharks and there are many many fish that await the feeding. You have the option of getting a really nice video also. Check CApt Slates website: www.captainslate.com

Places to stay with a 7 year old...hmmm.

Ocean Point Suites has two bedroom condo's that are very nice.

Have fun!

A couple of months ago I did a Friday AM dive with Horizon Divers that went to the City of Washington and I stumbled on to a group of people watching several nurse sharks getting fed. And while I agree with Walter, I sure did enjoy petting a shark at 30 feet below in the wild.

I am not sure I really have enough knowledge to know wether it is good or bad but I do know that I love sharks and they were so sweet to be around. However I do know that people feel very passionate about it both ways. But since the fish are so used to hearing the boat that feeds them when other boats come they usually come around. I do know that I had a student with me one time that was told not to put his hand out and did it anyway. Well you can imagine the rest of the story!

i just did that dive this past friday. one of the sharks turned over in my arms and let me pet his belly.

LOL, I heard about that guy getting part of his finger bitten off a couple of weeks ago when I was diving with Adventure Scuba...

so much for not harrassing the marine life!!

feeding the sharks?

I can't tell you if its legal, but they definitely are feeding the sharks. I've watched it twice as an "innocent" bystander.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom