Fun With Jet Skis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesBon92007

Contributor
Reaction score
Southern California...too far from the ocean
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Watching from my balcony at the Coral Princess today I saw two jet skiers speeding through the buoyed-off swim areas and couldn't help but wonder what the penalty is in Mexico for running over a snorkeler with a jet ski in a clearly-marked swimming area Hopefully the guide who ran them out of there will no longer rent to them and put them on a list of people who are no longer allowed to rent them By some miracle there were no snorkelers or swimmers present when they decided to test their luck

I'm thinking more restrictions might be in order

I can't stand those things and generally can't stand the people who rent them. Most owners of them have a clue but in areas where they are commonly rented, because they can run in such shallow water the Wave Runner Renting Turons go blasting through 6"-12" of water destroying all the natural seaweed and shallow sea bed. They literally leave long scars on the bottom everywhere as the jet drives suck up all the anchored seaweeds, chop them up and then blast them out and anything that wasn't sucked up out of the seabed is blown free of the sand by the jet output. Entire areas where they have been rented in the FL keys have had the shallow sea beds stripped clean of life. Want to run in 6"- 12" of water? That's what they made air boats for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom