• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by idratherbedivin, Apr 8, 2008.

1. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Actually, those are all here.

2. Angry Turtle

Angry Turtle Manta Ray

that's what mstevens meant

3. mstevens

mstevens Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.

Yes.

I know.

Each of those appears in this thread at least three times. Thus far.

A couple of individual posters have posted the same anecdote more than once, too.

The entire 16-page thread doesn't take all that long to read. Why not check to see if something has already been posted a few times before saying the same thing again?

4. cnar

cnar Solo Diver

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Not knowing how to operate his equipment is seriously stupid.

---------- Post added January 24th, 2013 at 12:28 AM ----------

If someone really said that, it would be too sad to be funny.

5. freewillie

freewillie Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I want diving with my nephew a few weeks ago. Weather was fair but a little foggy. Waves were flat so we decided to dive. When we finished and walking back up the hill to the car we encountered a couple coming down to take a walk. The wife was curious and asked us what was out there to see. We told her you can see fish, lobsters occasional small leopard shark, and the kelp. It was still a little foggy and she said, "Wow, you can see all that in the fog?". I said ,"sure, there's no fog underwater". Husband almost fell over laughing.

TUTs_mama likes this.
  6. bowlofpetunias

bowlofpetunias Oh no, not again! Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Sorry if I have repeated a story but I haven't the time to re read over 600 posts. Sorry if I have annoyed someone with a memory laps but I have enjoyed the thread. If someone else reposts something and I notice.. I will smile and go on to the next post. I kinda figure the reason this thread is still activated once in a while is because the people reading it are doing so to get a chuckle and not take it too seriously.

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Wow.....what a DB

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    The entire 16-page thread doesn't take all that long to read. Why not check to see if something has already been posted a few times before saying the same thing again?

---------- Post added January 24th, 2013 at 07:34 AM ----------

Oh boy do I have egg on my face now :shakehead:.......word for word. I would say that great minds think alike but I know my mind too well :rofl3:

---------- Post added January 24th, 2013 at 07:35 AM ----------

[​IMG]

jimmy71 and sskasser like this.
  8. offthewall1

offthewall1 Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I once asked a really old diver if he pee'd in his wetsuit... he looked me dead in the eye and said "Why not? I pee my pants everyday!"

TUTs_mama and PhilaDallas like this.
  9. dpaustex

dpaustex Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    "Don't worry, you don't need a backup light" - from our cave guide, while doing a "cavern tour" in Tulum (and we were way, way, far from any exit).

10. NullNullSem

NullNullSem Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Me: "Can't wait to go diving again, but it's been a while. I hope I'm not too nervous on the first dive!"
    NonDiving Friend: "Well, I have a few of these pills that are used to control anxiety... and something else."
    Me: "So... you think that taking a drug that I've never used before, and one that I'm not prescribed for, right before I roll off of a boat into the ocean, with a tank strapped on my back ,for the first time in 3 years will make me LESS anxious? Hmmm. Maybe I should have a few drinks on the boat too?"

I think I'll stick with reviewing my training....

Christi likes this.