Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[A DM on the subject of night diving with sharks]

"If you see a shark and you get scared, just turn off your light and the shark's gone."

My family had a boat that we would cruise around the back bay in. One day, we were going a little faster than usual and water was spraying up into the boat. My grandfather yelled, "Slow down, you're getting the boat wet!"

On a boat I also try to remember to ask the DM where is the best spot from which to aim for distance. I get seasick easily:/

When I worked in a dive shop very close to Beverly Hills, I had a rich, spoiled middle-aged customer ask me how a snorkel is used.

Not just how to attach it, but how to breathe through it.

I wish I'd offered him some special breathing lessons, with a specialty certification in mouth-breathing. It would have been an extensive 2 week course.

Would have been awesome to hear him tell people he is a certified mouth breather! lol

"Divers are some of the most calm, composed and stress-free people I know. I'm just not sure whether it's calming effect of the sea or brain damage from lack of oxygen..."

DM on a liveaboard

Haha, we've had a load of funny comments and questions over the years. Some of our favourites are......

"Does my pressure group change when it rains?"

"Will I get lead poisoning from the weights?"

And our ultimate favouite "What do I do if I get a fish in my mask?"

Never a dull day :)

What do you call a dive professional without a girlfriend?

Homeless.
RichH

What do you call a dive professional without a girlfriend?

Homeless.
RichH

What's the difference between a dive professional and a pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of four! :wink:

Thank you for the laughs! ... Innocent Q: Is there ever a time when fish actually gets in your mask? Hehehe

Haha, we've had a load of funny comments and questions over the years. Some of our favourites are......

"Does my pressure group change when it rains?"

"Will I get lead poisoning from the weights?"

And our ultimate favouite "What do I do if I get a fish in my mask?"

Never a dull day :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom