Funniest Moments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I have two....one not so funny to me but still laughable.

The first one happened a couple years ago here locally at my usual dive spot. I had ordered my FFM and while waiting for it the shop lent me one of their rental units. Got out to the lake, spent forever trying to get it to work and of course it was too small. So I spent the day diving my octo, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best (or safest) thing to do but nevertheless it worked. So my brother-in-law and I decide to dive the AA plane fuselage that's sunk on the far end of the lake and the bottom temps are about 55F so it's not exactly warm. Vis wasn't great, as it was early April and things were still clearing up from the winter. We descend on the plane, which is about 30' at the time, and swim around checking it out. We'd swam through the doors on our night dive during the AOW class we took the year before, but never in and through the interior of the plane. So my brother-in-law decides he wants to check it out and heads inside. I'm a bit skeptical at the time and decide to hang outside the front door on the left side of the plane. So I'm shining my light inside and after a few feet I see him disappear with the crappy visibility. After a few minutes pass my mind starts working and I'm starting to get a little worried. So I'm working up the nerve to go in and see what's taking him so long and just as I'm getting myself through the door, he grabs my from behind and shakes my tank. Scares the **** out of me and he's dying laughing. Mind you he's in a FFM so I can actually hear him. After I take a couple breaths I calm down and realize it's actually pretty funny and get a good chuckle out of it.

May of this year I'm at the lake with a new buddy I found on the lake website's forum and we'd just gotten in the water. Not really knowing what temps were going to be I decided not to wear my hood (which would later prove to be a mistake at depth). So we decide to drop down near one of the training platforms to check temps, etc. I start my descent and I'm watching him but for some reason he's not descending. So at about 20' I hover to wait for him, checking to see if he's flailing or showing any signs of distress, etc. All of a sudden I feel something hit my ear....HARD. I'd seen a perch in front of my checking me out and reached out but he kept his distance. I'm guessing one of his buddies decided my mask strap looked like food so he attacked.....and hit my ear instead. So I decide to surface and find out what's going on and my buddy forgot to add weight. Then I tell him I got bit by one of the perchiranna and he's like "Oh yeah...you're bleeding" So now my nickname here at work is "Fishbait."

Diving with a group in Roatan. One of the women found a sea cucumber partially under a coral ledge. She gestured to me that she wanted a photo of her and the sea cucumber. OK. Then she decided to pick it up for a REALLY GOOD photo. The only problem was that it was fastened securely at the other end. She pulled, and it stretched. She kept pulling, and soon had many feet of sea cucumber in her arms. It just kept getting longer and longer and longer. I was laughing hysterically, totally incapable of taking a photo. She finally let the poor thing go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom