Funniest thing you've seen underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two things on our Catalina trip last weekend had me completely cracking up underwater (flooded my mask, I was laughing so hard):

On a night dive, there were two lobsters in sort of a "T" position with their backs to each other. We startled one, who scrambled backwards. He backed into the side of the second lobster with an audible "clack!" Lobster #2 was so startled he took off in a backwards lobster-squirt. The lobster-squirt always makes me laugh regardless, but was especially funny this time...

Also, the garibaldi are protecting their nests this time of year. Nothing cracks me up more than these cute little goldfish rushing at your mask in a game of chicken! They actually popped my buddy's mask pretty hard a couple of times.

It's not all fun and games though; my husband once saw someone get bitten on the cheek by a garibaldi. Of course the guy was the laughingstock of everyone back on the boat...

I was on a dive in Roatan and a remora (the fish that usually suctions itself to sharks) kept harassing this one diver. For 15 minutes, this remora tried to attach itself to the diver and the diver kept blowing air at it with his octo to keep it away. He kept spinning around, flipping over, and generally freaking out. We all got a really good laugh.

This is very tame compared ...
My husband, always liking free things, found a fishing pole during a dive in La Jolla shores. Deciding to bring the pole home with him, he swam with it. The thing had a nice shiny lure on the end which kept spinning, attracting small fish. The fish followed the lure into shallow water. Mike may have discovered a new way to fish!

tx.lakerats:
now now now txbohunk.... don't you think that the women saw the exaust bubbles?!!! LMAO!!!

now now now tx.lakerats.... don't you think the women were ENJOYING the exhaust bubbles?!!! LMAO!!!

DORSETBOY:
What's the funniest thing you've seen underwater?

There were three of us diving on a house boat that went down almost 3 years ago. I was waiting outside the back sliding glass door when one of the other divers handed me a package of hotdogs from the refrigerator that was still intact.

It sure seemed funny at the time. :D

Diving on a sea mound called Black Hills in Utila, Honduras. Mate of mine from England and I are crusin over the reef when he gives the somethings wrong signal and points at his behind...I think he's just being a bit narced and he gives me the OK. about 1 min later his light didn't come into view as usual so I turned to see his bubble trail behing a coral head. There he was in 50 or so feet with his shorts around his ankles dealing with barking butt. The fish quite liked the free feed and I almost busted a gut, it was off the hook.

TropicalDiver:
Saw someone so desperate to relive himself, he took his tank and BC off, then his wetsuit and shorts, did an "A-Frame" pose with his hands and feet on the bottom - clutching his BC and let some logs go....in 70' of water.

We never said a thing once we got to the surface. Didn't think he'd want us to know :)

Now I know why we teach kit removal inwater!!! :wink:

First Lobster dive... There were four of us and one guy had never been lobstering before. As soon as he mentioned this, I told him "well you have to eat the first one you ever catch right where you found him". The other two were so convincing that this was indeed the "rule" that he was obviously apprehensive about the whole deal.

First dive, we caught two... but the noob came up empty. Second dive in about 60ft of water he SCORES! So the three of us circle around him pointing to the lobster and then to our mouths.... repeatedly. WAY repeatedly. Shaking his head he grabs the lobster and breaks him in half... at this point every fish for a nautical mile descended upon him. He was fighting them off with a half a lobster in each hand! WAY too funny. BTW, we didn't really think he was going to go through with this which made it even funnier. On the boat we told we were now obligated to call the lobster police.

Second... in a Florida Spring closed to fishing, a buddy of mine smuggled a Popiel Pocket Fisherman into his BC. He would stick the tip above water to cast it... what a site! Evan the smallest fish can pull you around down there! Bwahaha. BTW, we released every fish.

NetDoc:
Shaking his head he grabs the lobster and breaks him in half... at this point every fish for a nautical mile descended upon him. He was fighting them off with a half a lobster in each hand! WAY too funny. BTW, we didn't really think he was going to go through with this which made it even funnier. On the boat we told we were now obligated to call the lobster police.

yuck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom