Funny thing happened during last week's search.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This happened last week during our search for the A-hole in Fernan Lake.

We had two and sometimes three search patterns going at once with each having a 50% overlap.

Close to shore (50’ out on average) we were over the rocks and had roughly 5’ of visibility. The rest of the time visibility was flat out zero or better yet the absence of light.

During one of our overlaps I felt my search line signal me in some unknown language. I looked back at my line and saw Jamie, the only gal on the team, kicking my line, which had hitched a ride on one of her fin straps.

Thinking she knew what was going on, I reached up, grabbed her leg and removed the line.

She let out this blood-curdling scream I could hear very clearly. We both got a good laugh out of it on the bottom. Then back to our patterns.

When we got back topside she said she had a feeling that the guy was not in the water and had a mental picture of him watching us. She said she was deep into that thought when I grabbed her. Enough said.

She was diving dry so she didn’t feel the rope.

It was sure funny.

Gary D.

Funny story, the mind can play tricks on you. Every time I see a dead person I think he will sit up and open his eyes. It's all those Steven King movies.

Gary D.:
She was diving dry so she didn’t feel the rope.

It was sure funny.

Gary D.
LOL But the real questions is, was she 'dry' after the scare? :wink:

Joe

Ya see...

There is an advantage to a wet suit

Sideband:
LOL But the real questions is, was she 'dry' after the scare? :wink:

Joe
I asked her if she peed but she won't admit it. I just got the "come on dad" look.

Her next few dives were in a shortie. hehehe

Gary D.

Too funny.

Thats pretty funny!

I too expect dead bodies to open their eyes.... too much TV I think....

Kayla

Gary D.:
I asked her if she peed but she won't admit it. I just got the "come on dad" look.

Her next few dives were in a shortie. hehehe

Gary D.

Was that just a figure of speech about her "look" or is she really your daughter?

Kriterian:
Was that just a figure of speech about her "look" or is she really your daughter?

She's only 2 years older than our youngest daughter and they are both cute blondes. Dad's know the look. Kind of like the "Come on Mom look".

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom