Furry Creek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks for the dive today Ryan!
Conditions were absolutely awesome. Very easy entry, lots of parking. A calm tropical 45 degree water, sun blinding you, and sea otters. Yes, it was amazing. FYI don't descend on the buoys. they lead to NOTHING but a desert-like bottom of nothing for quite some time until you finally find the wall. Better to drop down near the rocky shoreline and you can't miss the wall. Not much there except quite a few cloud sponges. pretty bare wall. I was suprised. Lots of possibilities for octo dens but nobody home. Was face to face with a ling cod as I searched a crevice. Seen Trailing Jellyfish, Ryan found a Bay Pipefish on the wall, lots of urchins once we ascended to
60' and a school of perch. Was looking for octo's when we found ling eggs in bright white clusters. And then the sea otters underwater was great sighting.WOOHOO. Note to self: Gotta remember dryglove straws. Made me chuckle as we were nearing the surface and my hands resembled balloons. And at the end of the dive I was relatively DRY!! Ryan on the other hand :D .... you would have thought we traded suits. LOL.
This was a first time dive site for both of us. Not a bad site to maybe check out again but hopefully more life next time.

Les,

The Cloud Sponges start at about 60 feet and head down to about 140'ish or so. I think that's where the wall bottoms out, although I have yet to verify that.

Just below where you guys were, you will see dozens of Grunt Sculpins, some Sailfin Sculpins, Great Sculpins and others. There are a lot of dog fishs there, but you see them more at night.

There at 3 Octopi dens there. Hard to describe, will have to show it to you. When are we going diving?

Henry
www.edgediving.com

thanks Henry. Yes we will. it has been too long since we last went out. Mike D. also left a message for me to go diving as well. I am just getting back into diving after being on/off sickness over Xmas. Have not been able to make the Sat am dives yet but one of these days.
Les

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom