Fusion and p-valves -- How to handle the Lycra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im trying guys...I will send an email to the VP of Marketing today and see what we can get back

Good day all....

We are currently looking at all options for pee valve installation. In the past pee valves were not on our list of priorities; however with the launch of the Fusion, clearly that has now changed, and we will most certainly be looking at this.

I will be releasing new pricing in the days to come.

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

Tyler

Thank you both very much. Based on what I've seen so far from both of you and your companies, I had no doubt that a reasonable solution would be found.

So here it is straight from the horses mouth....

After much feedback, both here and in the field by our sales managers, this is what you can expect from Whites:

To turn a Fusion into a MTO (made to order suit) the MSRP will be $100 - with this option you could move the valve to the forearm, have a pee valve installed (extra charges apply) or put neoprene seals on it.

The MSRP for the pee valve itself (standard size or mini - si-tech) will be $198.

The MSRP on installing a valve (on an already made suit) is also $198

A pressure test on a suit for any repair is $60....

so what does this all mean???

If you want a pee valve on a MTO Fusion, it will cost $100 for the MTO and $198 for the Valve = $298 on top of the MSRP of a regular "InStock" suit ($1398/$1598 - depending on the skin).

If you want to send a suit back to have the pee valve installed (on any Whites suit) it will run $198 for the valve + $198 in Labour + $60 for a pressure test = $456.

I hope that calrify's things here.....now all the scubaboarders know.....but every dealer in the country does not....:sos:

Until I am able to notify dealers, if there is any question on prices, please refer them to this msg.....I guess scubaboarders have their fingers on the pulse!

Until the next dive,
Tyler

Well, I can have my LDS install it for about a quarter of that cost, or I can do it myself, and I will certainly do one of those two things.

Someone brought up moving the valve from shoulder to wrist. Has anyone else found that the shoulder valve vents too easily. i.e. it is too high on the shoulder?

Found if I put my left hand on my camera to steady for a shot the valve starts to vent. Really annoying for tricky shots. Am having it moved to the bottom of my forearm, but never had this issue with my previous suit. I think the valve is just an inch or two higher than the Catalyst valve.

The valve is just where I like it -- if I'm careless with raising my left arm, it will vent, and during the working part of the dive, I close the valve a couple of clicks to discourage that. But I love the fact that, on ascent, I only have to pull my elbow back a bit to vent the suit.

So here it is straight from the horses mouth....

If you want a pee valve on a MTO Fusion, it will cost $100 for the MTO and $198 for the Valve = $298 on top of the MSRP of a regular "InStock" suit ($1398/$1598 - depending on the skin).

If you want to send a suit back to have the pee valve installed (on any Whites suit) it will run $198 for the valve + $198 in Labour + $60 for a pressure test = $456.

Tyler

Well, I can have my LDS install it for about a quarter of that cost, or I can do it myself, and I will certainly do one of those two things.

Those costs are ridiculous...

I am surprised. The price is prohibitive. I would have thought it would be a lot less to have Whites do the install.

At those prices, I hope Whites is at least guaranteeing the workmanship of the install.

Mine was $75 installed. Works fine so far.

Great Price :D

I was hoping they would come down even more....Most DS companies are in the $200 range Installed and including the valve, which I think most people would not call a great deal, but a fair deal.....$300 I believe is still too high and the DIY guys are going to steal any potential income on P-valve installs from Whites when a successful and cheaper alternative is found(or is it already to late):shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom