Fusion and p-valves -- How to handle the Lycra?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I jsut thought I would bring the thread back to the top to see how your installs are doing? I have a fusion with the tech skin and I am thinking about installing a DR balanced p-valve. I was curious about those of you with the tech skin about how you kept it from running. Does Aqua seal or silicone around the edge of the cut of the neoprene work? Do you really even need to put the hole in the outer skin?

Thanks
Phil

So far the aquaseal i put around the hole in the outer layer has worked beautifully.

I think that I have decided to just leave it under the tech skin for now. I have not gotten my valve yet. I went in to my LDS yesterday hoping that they would have one in stock, but they did not, and the owner was not in. I did not want to leave my order with the guy behind the counter because things have a tendancy to get messed up if you do not talk to the right person about ordering something.

It was also recommended to me to put a Heat activated, self adhearing patch on the inside of the leg where I want the valve to be and then punch, cut, or burn the hole. Has anyone else done this? Mike at DRIS sells the kit for like $35...

Phil

First, if you are having a made to order suit, having the p-valve installed at the factory would convienent, because it would be ready to dive when it reaches you. You are paying for the convienence of having it done at the factory. Could your LDS install it for you? Sure, but then you are waiting a couple of days to a couple of

It's just a hole with a valve screwed through it.

The whole job takes maybe 10 minutes if they're really slow and careful and take time to discuss exactly where you want it.

Terry

Well I just ordered a patch kit from Mike at DRIS so I am going to put a patch on the isde of the leg where I am installing the valve just for a little re-enforcement. I should be able to pick up the valve from my LDS this week and do the intall either this weekend or next week sometime. I will try to post some pics or a video of the install. Hopefully everything will go well...

Phil

I too have the tech skin and I'm ready to take the plunge for a P-valve. Halcyon balanced is my choice and I would prefer not to cut the tech skin but I dont want the suit to smell like a wetsuit either. anyadvice regarding the tech skin and H valve specifically. thanks

Back
Top Bottom