Fusion Bullet skin - review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Q1988 - Are the suspenders too tight? Your situation sounds very odd - I am essentially the same height/weight and have zero difficulties with the same size fusion. The only thing I can think of is the suspenders - or - some manufacturing error.....

Randy,

This is most likely an issue with the suspenders. There is a discussion on this issue in another thread, but I could not find it. I had the same problem.

The suspenders pull up through the loop in front of suit and then get hung up in the loop and can't move back out. The velcro part of suspenders get stuck. The solution that worked for me was to install weight belt keepers on each suspender to keep them from pulling through the loop on front of suit. Maybe somelse can post a link to the discussion on this. Hope this helps.

Dogfish and others
I seem to be having some problems with the size of my Fusion Tech. I am 5'10" and 176 lbs. Not any proportion irregularities like Yogi Bear or Longer legs than normal 32 inch pant. The LG/XL is extremely tight, especially over the shoulders. It pulls my entire body length from the heals to the shoulders and this is without my thermol under garment.

I purchased it hoping it would give me more freedom to do a shut down than my Bear NST crushed neoprene but this one won't let me arch and reach over my shoulder without binding at the crotch and pulling on my ankles. Even bending the knees in the frog kick pulls on my heals and crotch.

I cannot believe someone at the top of the LG/XL chart would even attempt to put this suit on over their shoulders.

Any suggestions.

Randy

I had another thought - is the skin on the suit the right size? I imagine you could install a skin that is one size too small on the suit and that would cause problems as well.....

I got a 2xl/3xl drycore up for trade for a lg/lx drycore if anyone is interested? Its the newest version and only got about 8 dives on it. Sorry offtopic but that could maybe help someone.

Hey Randy,
These guys could be on to your problem concerning the suspenders, just wondering if you have had a chance to check them out. Also let us know the size of your skin, if it matcjhes up with the drycore size correctly. According to the measurements you have given the L/XL should be the perfect fit. Let me know, and we will go from there to get things working right for you. Also if you like it feel free to drop me line and we can try to figure out what is happening.
Thanks Doug,

That was the problem. I hitched up the suspenders thinking I needed the torso and shoulder flex to move into the arms and actually created the problem of being too high, feel like an idiot.

With that being said I used the suit on 3 dives in the St. Lawrence River this weekend and it fits like a 5 ml. I was doing barrel roles, frog kicks, backward kicks, no problem.

Thanks to Dean, Dogfish, MVMike and others.

Cheers.

No worries, glad to hear everything worked out in the end and you had a fantastic weekend of diving, next time just invite us........:)

Randy,

This is most likely an issue with the suspenders. There is a discussion on this issue in another thread, but I could not find it. I had the same problem.

The suspenders pull up through the loop in front of suit and then get hung up in the loop and can't move back out. The velcro part of suspenders get stuck. The solution that worked for me was to install weight belt keepers on each suspender to keep them from pulling through the loop on front of suit. Maybe somelse can post a link to the discussion on this. Hope this helps.

I think this was the thread you were looking for, http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whites-manufacturing/307965-fusion-too-tight-crotch.html.

My Fusion Bullet was delivered this week. I ordered the suit with the pockets as an installed option and am glad I did. They look great, are low profile when zipped and seem very functional. The gatortech is an interesting material and at first glance seems VERY abrasion resistant, which is a concern my LDS owner expressed when trying to sway me away from the Bullet. I've read on a number of forums about lengthy delivery times and backordered items. I want to tell you that from the time I ordered to the time I got EVERYTHING in one box it was less than 14 days.

In my delivery was the following:
Fusion Bullet w/ pockets
Fusion Boots (they come preinstalled on the suit)
MK2 Undergarment
MK2 Jacket
MK3 Glacier socks
3mm neoprene socks
Non-zippered hood
Military spec bag

I had a great buying experience with Whites and am looking forward to making my first dive in the suit this holiday weekend. Happy to post a review of the suit after I get it wet.

Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom