Fusion: Necklace Zipper Replacement or Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2nd_Cove

Registered
Reaction score
The Great Green Puget Sound - Seattle, Washington
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone please answer to this post if How; or Where one can purchase a new replacement or replacing a Necklace Zipper for the Fusion Drysuit. I have scoured the internet and cannot find a single post, comment or advice on this subject.

Even the White's / Aqualung pages do not provide any answers or information on this subject. The closest i can find is an accessory relief zipper for $300.

Thanks

Do you mean the zipper on the skin?

let me know how it works out for you. i still think it may require a curved zipper.

Last edited:
Dive Right in Scuba claimed this 36" straight zipper was the one, i then verified with her the curved necklace front entry? and she responded yes, however i remember a post on their page stating these straight zippers won't work on the Fusion. Can't understand why it is so difficult to find a correct O.E.M. zipper?

except the brass zipper is also a straight zipper whereas the original zippers on a fusion drycore are u shaped. I just don't see how you glue a straight zipper into the curved opening of the drycore.

I can not say for sure but I think it is a straight zipper that has been installed on a curve. If you have a Fusion suit take a look at how the outside edges of the zipper support are distorted to accommodate the curve. Curved zippers are probably found near the skyhooks at your local hardware store. Personally I would have Dive Right In install one for me, they did great work installing replaceable seal systems on mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom