Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A friend is at DEMA this week. He said he was going to stop by AL’s booth to express his displeasure about the entire Fusion situation. Asked him to pass along my extreme displeasure, as well. Can’t wait for the response he’s given.

Yes! pass mine along to!! If they would have just informed its costumers about an issue I wouldn’t be as upset, I spent all summer trying to find leaks and rented and borrowed multiple dry suits. I will not say they’ve lost me as a customer but they are definitely not my first choice.

Got my replacement AirCore today. Has a brass zipper. I had been told by someone that AL was now using plastic zippers on new AirCores. Guess I got some of the old stock.

Stopped by DRIS for a few things on my way out of town to quarry dive in OH with a few buddies. Drysuit gal came out with my replacement AirCore and switched everything over while I waited. Will dive it tomorrow.

They just send the AirCore. Everything else - valves, neck and wrist seals - gets switched over from your old one.

Mine arrived this week. Brass zipper, neck seal installed, but no wrist-seals or lock-rings. Came with a valve-gripping tool.

I just finished DIYing the switchover. I will say that the skin switching process would be aided by clear reference marks on the limb-connections. Instead, I put the suit on with the Velcro connections unhooked, aligned everything, then attached it at the junctions.

I noticed one difference (other than the Made in Canada tag :wink:) that has me puzzled. The new core does not have the Velcro strip along the back and bottom-heel of the sock. Was that strip only for the old-style Fusion Boots?

How does the pocket-support system work on the Bullet version? I have the Tech and I noticed the web loops on the outside of the core, but there is nothing on the Tech skin that interfaces it. I have a simple DIY idea, but before going that route, I would like to see how it is done on the Bullet.

I'm going to try to get some pool access and test it out. A flood on the New Years Eve dive would be ... unwelcome.

Mine arrived this week. Brass zipper, neck seal installed, but no wrist-seals or lock-rings. Came with a valve-gripping tool.

I just finished DIYing the switchover. I will say that the skin switching process would be aided by clear reference marks on the limb-connections. Instead, I put the suit on with the Velcro connections unhooked, aligned everything, then attached it at the junctions.

I noticed one difference (other than the Made in Canada tag :wink:) that has me puzzled. The new core does not have the Velcro strip along the back and bottom-heel of the sock. Was that strip only for the old-style Fusion Boots?

How does the pocket-support system work on the Bullet version? I have the Tech and I noticed the web loops on the outside of the core, but there is nothing on the Tech skin that interfaces it. I have a simple DIY idea, but before going that route, I would like to see how it is done on the Bullet.

I'm going to try to get some pool access and test it out. A flood on the New Years Eve dive would be ... unwelcome.

On mine, there are two bungee strings on the outside of each leg on the Aircore. You pull those through the hole on the inside of the pocket at the top. Just tie them together in an overhand knot. If you don’t pull the bungee through to the pocket, your suspenders will be very tight and hard to get on your shoulders. That’s how I learned to make sure t they were pulled though.

My AirCore socks do have the Velcro strip.

On mine, there are two bungee strings on the outside of each leg on the Aircore. You pull those through the hole on the inside of the pocket at the top. Just tie them together in an overhand knot. If you don’t pull the bungee through to the pocket, your suspenders will be very tight and hard to get on your shoulders. That’s how I learned to make sure t they were pulled though.

My AirCore socks do have the Velcro strip.
I think I can do something like that, maybe a little better even ...

Do the EVO4s use the Velcro? I am NOT getting the AL Fusion moon-boots, but the EVO4s are something I'm considering - among others.

Which boots you are using?

I think I can do something like that, maybe a little better even ...

Do the EVO4s use the Velcro? I am NOT getting the AL Fusion moon-boots, but the EVO4s are something I'm considering - among others.

Which boots you are using?

Did your AirCore come with the bungee strings on the outside of the legs? They are actually tied in with the suspenders somehow on mine.

I have the old style Fusion soft boots. I don’t think the Velcro matters with the Evo boots.

No bungees on mine. There is a reinforcement patch where the lower suspender anchor is mounted on the inside of the core. On the outside is a 1" long loop of 1/2" webbing. My guess is that your bungees are tied to that webbing.

You should be able to peek in there if you just unzip the two lower skin-attachment zippers and then scrunch things up.

No bungees on mine. There is a reinforcement patch where the lower suspender anchor is mounted on the inside of the core. On the outside is a 1" long loop of 1/2" webbing. My guess is that your bungees are tied to that webbing.

You should be able to peek in there if you just unzip the two lower skin-attachment zippers and then scrunch things up.

Sorry, can’t peek in there. My suit is at the shop getting a p-valve installed. :wink:

Sorry, can’t peek in there. My suit is at the shop getting a p-valve installed. :wink:
Well, you can peek when you get it back, then ...:p

Are they putting in the full gasket like on the Inflate/Exhaust valves or just patch-reinforcments like I've seen in DIYs on here before?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom