Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rather long interview (Bahasa Indonesia) with the Governor of Bali. These sentences explain some future data:
"Jadi saya sudah memberikan arahan pada Dinas Kesehatan dan pengelola rumah sakit, kalau pasiennya itu tidak dirawat Covid-19, kalau meninggal, jangan diambil swab lagi. Kan pasti lain dia."
So I have given directions to the Department of Health and the hospital management, if the patient is not treated by Covid-19, if he dies, don't take another swab. It must be another ilness. Eksklusif Gubernur Bali, Wayan Koster: Pemprov Bali Tangani Pandemi Covid-19 dan Songsong New Normal - Tribun Bali

Does anybody have 1st hand knowledge of what a Covid-19-free health certificate entails or looks like, in regards for travel to Bali or Indonesia?
Have a look at the Bali Covid 19 Update group in FB. You need a kitas or kitap plus a negative covid test. And if you are coming from Oz, you need to convince your own govt to let you go..

Have a look at the Bali Covid 19 Update group in FB. You need a kitas or kitap plus a negative covid test. And if you are coming from Oz, you need to convince your own govt to let you go..
Is Indonesia already giving out tourism visa?

I suppose that a virus-free certificate is the one that people having been sick obtain after recovering, and after two negative PCR lab tests. At least this is what we mean for "virus free" here in Italy.
This certificate is issued by the national public health system, and is required for being admitted back to work after having been infected.
Currently in Italy there are 176370 people having obtained this certificate.
I suppose that these people can be allowed to travel to Indonesia, and everywhere else, as they are now immune to the virus and cannot carry it around.

I suppose that a virus-free certificate is the one that people having been sick obtain after recovering, and after two negative PCR lab tests. At least this is what we mean for "virus free" here in Italy.
This certificate is issued by the national public health system, and is required for being admitted back to work after having been infected.
I suppose that these people can be allowed to travel to Indonesia, and everywhere else, as they are now immune to the virus and cannot carry it around.

Is it yet proven that there can't be reinfection or being a carrier?

How long would this be valid? Here in Indonesia Rapid test 3 days and swab 7 days. After that, new testing. But....if you come from a part of the country where there are no tests available, you can travel domestic with a statement from your district that you are "healthy".

Is it yet proven that there can't be reinfection or being a carrier?
It was never proven the opposite. Many of these recovered patients have been tested 5-6 times, and always been found negative after the two negative tests required for being certified as COVID-free.
Consider that almost 30.000 of them are health workers (nurses, doctors) which are tested repeatedly, almost every week...
And many of them have been certainly in contact with the virus again.
What happened, instead, is that several patients have been found positive at the second test, after the first negative test after healing.
That's the reason for which in Italy two consecutive negative tests are required for getting the certificate...

You got piece of paper, I got Photoshop. These certificates are meaningless outside the jurisdiction of the issuer. Just imagine Urgent Care LLC giving these out. It’s less risky than pain medication prescriptions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom