Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How will ASEAN leaders approach regional COVID-19 response at 36th summit?
“Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, ASEAN countries have tried not to play the blame game with China, whose ‘COVID-19 diplomacy’ has turned it from a country unable to control the spread of the virus to a country that sends medical supplies and assistance,” she said.
Hisham: Cross-border travel likely to be discussed at Asean Summit on Friday (June 26)

How the Coronavirus Turned Southeast Asia into China’s Top Trade Partner

AirAsia records highest post-hibernation daily sale of 41,000 seats | Malay Mail

ASEAN annual summit held tomorrow. It seems that the ASEAN nations will discuss about a collective standard for dealing with covid to allow for international travel to recommence in immediate future (standards for Indonesia also). I actually thought these discussions would have started earlier.

The demand for travel in SE Asia is super high as shown by AirAsia breaking sales records this week

I hope ASEAN countries continue with their proactive approach in regards to covid control

Over the last decade as far as I can remember, nearly all my ex girlfriends from Indo wore a mask & carried hand sanitiser always, before covid. I think Western nations want to hide "until it's safe" approach, but they seem to be copping the brunt of infections

Stay vigilant and keep safe guys. Happy diving

"Malaysian health authorities said that it would only consider introducing the “green bubble” concept in easing the country’s cross-border travel when it has Covid-19 infections under control during the recovery movement control period."..........I cannor see Indonesia in this green bubble concept yet if I look at the daily rising numbers. They doubled in one month.
Air Asia: only domestic flights for now: “We are aiming to increase our flight frequencies to around 50 per cent of our pre-Covid operations and we look forward to resuming all domestic routes in the coming weeks and months to cater to the increasing demand,” he said in a statement today. Stay happy and stay real.

"Malaysian health authorities said that it would only consider introducing the “green bubble” concept in easing the country’s cross-border travel when it has Covid-19 infections under control during the recovery movement control period."..........I cannor see Indonesia in this green bubble concept yet if I look at the daily rising numbers. They doubled in one month.
Air Asia: only domestic flights for now: “We are aiming to increase our flight frequencies to around 50 per cent of our pre-Covid operations and we look forward to resuming all domestic routes in the coming weeks and months to cater to the increasing demand,” he said in a statement today. Stay happy and stay real.

41,000 seats sold in a single day across the group, signifying what it described as “a strong rebound” in demand for air travel.

I cannor see Indonesia in this green bubble concept yet if I look at the daily rising numbers.
We shall see

stay real.
I see Europe has opened it's borders and people have been travelling en masse with gusto. And from 1st July possibly 50 non-Euro countries will be allowed to travel to there. I believe this is real/factual news to the best of my knowledge based on the extensive news reports from many reputable news sites. I don't see why ASEAN countries shouldn't be able to have something similar to the EU in regards to international travel

41,000 seats sold in a single day across the group, signifying what it described as “a strong rebound” in demand for air travel.

We shall see

I see Europe has opened it's borders and people have been travelling en masse with gusto. And from 1st July possibly 50 non-Euro countries will be allowed to travel to there. I believe this is real/factual news to the best of my knowledge based on the extensive news reports from many reputable news sites. I don't see why ASEAN countries shouldn't be able to have something similar to the EU in regards to international travel

Dan, we are fully relying on tourism. For our resorts, our schools and conservation projects. I want more than anything (well, sort of) that tourists start coming to Indonesia as soon as possible. We have nothing to lose with that. But it does not look good, in my opinion. The differences between Malaysia (not to mention Vietnam) and Indonesia are huge. And our government does nothing, or maybe cannot do anything, to turn the tide. Did you look at the today' s numbers of Bali, Manado and/or North Maluku? The behaviour of the public in general is not improving. Please I would love to be convinced that I am wrong. But why would for example China allow their people to visit Indonesia as long as the situation not improves dramatically?

Dan, we are fully relying on tourism. For our resorts, our schools and conservation projects. I want more than anything (well, sort of) that tourists start coming to Indonesia as soon as possible. We have nothing to lose with that.
A sincere good luck to you. I more than understand that a lot of people in Indo need/want to get back up & running ASAP

But why would for example China allow their people to visit Indonesia as long as the situation not improves dramatically?

Because they are regional nearby neighbours & much more...
ASEAN has proactively sought help from dialogue partners, most prominently through the ASEAN Plus Three forum, which adds China, Japan and South Korea.

I see Europe has opened it's borders and people have been travelling en masse with gusto.
Actually, not all borders had been closed; e.g. there where no border controls between Germany and the Netherlands while Germany/Austria was closed to all non esential travel. Also, you have to remember that most of Europe is part of the Schengen Area, where for 25 years no borders have existed any more and restrictions to free travel are only allowed under extraordinary conditions. Most of the travel has been in the border regions, as they are now so tightly interconnected that e.g. even emergency services work accross countries. Vacation travel is still slow to pick up but we shall see how that works with holiday season starting.

And from 1st July possibly 50 non-Euro countries will be allowed to travel to there. I believe this is real/factual news to the best of my knowledge based on the extensive news reports from many reputable news sites.
EU (not only Euro :)) is working on that indeed, with the goal of having mutual agreements that EU citizens are also allowed to travel there without restrictions. I do not think it will be 50 in July, but at least there is a guideline that coutries with less than 50 cases per 100.000 inhabitants in a week will be elegible.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for December...

Actually, not all borders had been closed; e.g. there where no border controls between Germany and the Netherlands while Germany/Austria was closed to all non esential travel. Also, you have to remember that most of Europe is part of the Schengen Area, where for 25 years no borders have existed any more and restrictions to free travel are only allowed under extraordinary conditions. Most of the travel has been in the border regions, as they are now so tightly interconnected that e.g. even emergency services work accross countries. Vacation travel is still slow to pick up but we shall see how that works with holiday season starting.

EU (not only Euro :)) is working on that indeed, with the goal of having mutual agreements that EU citizens are also allowed to travel there without restrictions. I do not think it will be 50 in July, but at least there is a guideline that coutries with less than 50 cases per 100.000 inhabitants in a week will be elegible.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for December...

Sounds promising:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom