Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't seem to remember why things were locked down.

That's really a matter of opinion. In Australia and New Zealand people believed & some still believe with certainty, that covid-19 would be eliminated by way of isolations & restrictions. The leader of New Zealand locked down her country in order to eliminate covid-19

That's really a matter of opinion. In Australia and New Zealand people believed & some still believe with certainty, that covid-19 would be eliminated by way of isolations & restrictions. The leader of New Zealand locked down her country in order to eliminate covid-19

Funny how that turned out for them. No problem with PPE nor loss of medical personnel and hey, look at that, no Covid there either.

As I've said, & I'll say it again, many foreigner's lives have been saved thanks to the hard work & dedication of staff in Indonesian hospitals
Maybe some who would have survived elsewhere lost their lives here too? Many foreigners? 10 in 10 years? 1.000 last year? You seem to have data which never became public. Please share these actual truthful facts.

The leader of New Zealand locked down her country in order to eliminate covid-19

Hi DUDan,

Your point is right-on. No lock-down, isolation, or vaccine will eliminate SARS-Cov-2 from the earth. It is here forever (in terms of human existence), in one form or another.

I heard PM Jacinda Ardern speak on the topic. It was cringeworthy. I hope it was not her best day.

cheers,
m²V2

The top immunologists of the world never said that covid-19 can be eliminated by isolations & restrictions. They all said it was here to stay from the very start of the "pandemic"

Maybe some who would have survived elsewhere lost their lives here too? Many foreigners? 10 in 10 years? 1.000 last year? You seem to have data which never became public. Please share these actual truthful facts.
You're joking aren't you mate

I heard PM Jacinda Ardern speak on the topic. It was cringeworthy. I hope it was not her best day.

She's had a lot of good days, but with the media instilling fear & paranoia about the virus, she probably thought "eliminating" the virus in her small country would convince her people of being "safe"

I actually find your statement offensive and disrespectful, not to me, but to the people in the subject matter

New swine flu with pandemic potential identified by China researchers

Today's News

@Indah should we shut down the world again for this?

Covid-19, a lot of people asymptomatic with no symptoms, but with a swine flu, everyone feels the effects
I never defended lock dows, as far as I can remember. I wrote somewhere we should protect the most vulnerable people. At this moment my opinion is that large groups (plus 30?) for longer periods (? hours) in an enclosed and air conditioned environment is not the best thing to do. Further I try to learn more and look at the data as far as available. I admitted I would not even be able to explain what a virus is. Let alone I have the solutions for the whole world. By the way, the last part of the article you linked to: Although it is capable of infecting humans, there is no imminent risk of a new pandemic, said Carl Bergstrom, a biologist at the University of Washington.
“There’s no evidence that G4 is circulating in humans, despite five years of extensive exposure,” he said on Twitter. “That’s the key context to keep in mind.”

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom