Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Initially singapore provided free medical treatment for all patients with covid. The reason it stopped for non residents was the large number of mainly indonesians flying in here for treatment as they were turned away from hospitals in indonesia as they were told they only had a flu.

So all those plane loads of Indonesians flying to Singapore for treatment died in Singapore because of being turned away?

The mortality rate of covid is low

Many Indonesians were/are frightened from the media that you'll die from corona if infected

There was even a case of a rich indonesian flying in by private plane as he could not get treatment in indonesia.

Sounds like a load of bullocks to me. He probably had 1 of his girlfriend's over there to see or a business meeting there at the same time

So if you're having a heart attack or stroke or unconscious with a fractured skull, you tell the ambulance to turn away from the hospital in Indonesia and go to the airport & immediately fly to Bangkok or the Netherlands?

Your point is pointless mate
Did you ever spend time in the emergency of an average Indonesian hospital? How many foreigners do you know whose lived have been saved here? If I survived the heart attack or stroke and I could find the money (and I would be allowed into Malaysia) I definitely would not hesitate to go to Kuala Lumpur. But I like your attitude, you are the first person I ever communicated with who was positive about the general medical care here.

So all those plane loads of Indonesians flying to Singapore for treatment died in Singapore because of being turned away?

The mortality rate of covid is low

Many Indonesians were/are frightened from the media that you'll die from corona if infected
Low in percentage (promilles) but can be huge in numbers.

Hi Indah,

I think, for the first time in known history, that humans will create a vaccine for the current form of SARS-Cov-2. We have never created a vaccine for a corona or cold virus.

However, vaccines do not eliminate a disease like corona, they help to create herd immunity, with less loss of life.

Polio is not a corona or cold virus. Different animal.

Corona and cold viruses change, morph, weaken, or because of Fells Law (SP) become less deadly.

To iterate, SARS-Cov-2 is not going away.

cheers,
m
I think I understand what you mean. You are probably right. Anyway, I do not see an argument you are not. Thanks

Did you ever spend time in the emergency of an average Indonesian hospital? How many foreigners do you know whose lived have been saved here? If I survived the heart attack or stroke and I could find the money (and I would be allowed into Malaysia) I definitely would not hesitate to go to Kuala Lumpur. But I like your attitude, you are the first person I ever communicated with who was positive about the general medical care here.

Honestly sounds like you're joking. If you're suffering a life threatening medical episode such as bleeding on your brain from a fall or suffering a stroke, or some kind of organ failure, you think you will have the chance to say you want to spend hours of time getting to an airport and flying to Kuala Lumpur, most likely you'd need a special aircraft to evacuate you as a standard passenger plane probably wouldn't take you if you're broken and bleeding and on life support on a stretcher

Your needless arguing about you saying no foreigner's lives have been saved in hospitals in Indonesia is beyond comprehension

I got a big fishhook in my finger a couple of years ago in Ambon. The local doctors cut the hook out and sewed it up.
44728147100_292bb59b99_w.jpg
45821854034_6720d51a5e_w.jpg

Functional, but certainly not today's standard of workmanship....

Honestly sounds like you're joking. If you're suffering a life threatening medical episode such as bleeding on your brain from a fall or suffering a stroke, or some kind of organ failure, you think you will have the chance to say you want to spend hours of time getting to an airport and flying to Kuala Lumpur, most likely you'd need a special aircraft to evacuate you as a standard passenger plane probably wouldn't take you if you're broken and bleeding and on life support on a stretcher

Your needless arguing about you saying no foreigner's lives have been saved in hospitals in Indonesia is beyond comprehension
Sorry, but you said "many foreigners" And I did not say no foreigners at all. You mentioned a heart attack or stroke. Indeed after that I would prefer to fly to Malaysia or Singapore. But now you change to broken and bleeding....Shortly, if the travel would not directly endanger my life, definitely no doubt about going abroad for further treatment (if possible).

If anyone is worrying about emergency medical treatment in foreign countries. Stay at home.
It is never ever in my travelling plan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom