Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone is worrying about emergency medical treatment in foreign countries. Stay at home.
It is never ever in my travelling plan!
I consider it common sense to anticipate on the situation in the country you are traveling to. Our guests want to know if there is a recompression chamber withing reasonable distance. If it is not, many still want to come, some not. And, for some Indonesian private hospitals would be okay until recently. But how would they think about that if they can expect much of the capacity is already taken and the care is much less than before Covid.

I consider it common sense to anticipate on the situation in the country you are traveling to. Our guests want to know if there is a recompression chamber withing reasonable distance. If it is not, many still want to come, some not. And, for some Indonesian private hospitals would be okay until recently. But how would they think about that if they can expect much of the capacity is already taken and the care is much less than before Covid.
Liveaboard is out of the question then!

You have to opt in someplace or other on the forum, then the threads in the pub will turn up. The rules seem to be like 1850s Wild West but shooting in the back is allowed.

It is mostly occupied by people too old to dive with the sort of views to match. Don’t make the mistake of being reasonable or trying to change minds with facts. The Coronavirus thread has 20k posts I think. Many of the arguments over death rate have been done fairly comprehensively and one or two people there can count. Mostly I find it interesting to see how far wishful thinking can go.
Who you calling too old to dive, Ken, lol.

Liveaboard is out of the question then!
Not necessarily. There is still discussion how fast a DCS treatment has to start. (Apart from the sooner the better.) And often live aboards will be not that far from a recompression chamber.

Who you calling too old to dive, Ken, lol.
Mostly I said :)

It is a shame there were no takers. The other thread does a lot of debunking in between the bits about the dysfunctional decision making scheme.

Not necessarily. There is still discussion how fast a DCS treatment has to start. (Apart from the sooner the better.) And often live aboards will be not that far from a recompression chamber.
There is a natural decompression chamber under all the boats!
IWR.

Cocos Island in Costa Rica, even out of range for helicopter.

MV Empress used to have an on board chamber. I believe this boat is now in Indonesia.

There is a natural decompression chamber under all the boats!
IWR.

Cocos Island in Costa Rica, even out of range for helicopter.

MV Empress used to have an on board chamber. I believe this boat is now in Indonesia.
That is interesting. Do you know if live aboards having the training an equipement to do In Water Recompression?

Sounds like a load of bullocks to me. He probably had 1 of his girlfriend's over there to see or a business meeting there at the same time

Nope he went straight to hospital in singapore after he arrived. He died 9 days later in hospital.

So all those plane loads of Indonesians flying to Singapore for treatment died in Singapore because of being turned away?

The mortality rate of covid is low

Many Indonesians were/are frightened from the media that you'll die from corona if infected

Nope most survived, thats why they came here as the medical facilities are better, but some died.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom