Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope most survived, thats why they came here as the medical facilities are better, but some died.

Load of bullocks. If you're healthy, you're chances of dying are very slim. The majority of covid patients don't need medical facilities, just need to isolate and recover, doesn't matter what country

What are the symptoms of extreme panic & anxiety?...shortness of breath/difficulty breathing and hyperventilation, heartbeat irregularities... I don't think it's smart at all to continue to frighten people to death with the tiring, fear inducing rhetoric

If people don't want to go to Indonesia because it's beneath their medical standards, just stay at home because you are all a very minute minority, who Indonesia can go on without you visiting, and millions of others will continue to visit there anyways

Hi Indah and DUDan,

There is a body of information on this subject in the public realm. Big SCUBA names are associated with these articles and they have even authored some. The information is available for those who wish to create a contingency plan for their long range diving vessels.

Have these operators created the contingency planning and training for IWR? Dunno...

In-Water Recompression | Decompression Sickness - DAN Health & Diving
In water recompression
A New Look at In-Water Recompression (IWR)

And,
In-water recompression
http://www.tecvault.t101.ro/In-water recompression.pdf

cheers,
m²V2

Load of bullocks. If you're healthy, you're chances of dying are very slim. The majority of covid patients don't need medical facilities, just need to isolate and recover, doesn't matter what country

What are the symptoms of extreme panic & anxiety?...shortness of breath/difficulty breathing and hyperventilation, heartbeat irregularities... I don't think it's smart at all to continue to frighten people to death with the tiring, fear inducing rhetoric

If people don't want to go to Indonesia because it's beneath their medical standards, just stay at home because you are all a very minute minority, who Indonesia can go on without you visiting, and millions of others will continue to visit there anyways

Very simple, because they need ventilators and there is not enough in Indonesian hospitals.

In a perfect world (which does not exist) with unlimited isolation wards, ICU beds and ventilators, I agree the chances of dying from covid is very slim. The problem is when the number of people needing such facilities overwhelm the availability of such facilities. In such a situation, your chances of dying goes up dramatically. It happened in wuhan, lombardy, Tehran, new york and a few other places. Thats why governments do lockdowns. Not to scare people but to prevent facilities from being overwhelmed and doctors having to play god to determine who gets to use the limited medical facilities and especially ventilators.

That is interesting. Do you know if live aboards having the training an equipement to do In Water Recompression?
There are enough materials on IWR for you to digest.
Perhaps you ought to get yourself trained and bring along all the necessary equipment on board so as to calm your clients!

In a perfect world (which does not exist) with unlimited isolation wards, ICU beds and ventilators, I agree the chances of dying from covid is very slim. The problem is when the number of people needing such facilities overwhelm the availability of such facilities. In such a situation, your chances of dying goes up dramatically. It happened in wuhan, lombardy, Tehran, new york and a few other places. Thats why governments do lockdowns. Not to scare people but to prevent facilities from being overwhelmed and doctors having to play god to determine who gets to use the limited medical facilities and especially ventilators.

As it turns out, one reason that fewer people are dying, no matter how sick they've become, is because the medical profession has learned that using ventilators, especially inan aggressive way can actually hasten the death. COVID19 causes lack of oxygen but providing it most forceably through ventilators can more often be counterproductive.

I don't care that Indo is short on ventilators as I don't intend to agree to be put on a vent anywhere at any time for any reason, though most certainly my refusal to do so would serve me better in the case of COVID19.

Why, it’s almost as if we know next to nothing about this novel viral disease? How is that even possible? /s

Hi Indah and DUDan,

There is a body of information on this subject in the public realm. Big SCUBA names are associated with these articles and they have even authored some. The information is available for those who wish to create a contingency plan for their long range diving vessels.

Have these operators created the contingency planning and training for IWR? Dunno...

In-Water Recompression | Decompression Sickness - DAN Health & Diving
In water recompression
A New Look at In-Water Recompression (IWR)

And,
In-water recompression
http://www.tecvault.t101.ro/In-water recompression.pdf

cheers,
m²V2
Thanks a lot for the links. I looked into IWR already 30 years ago and discussed it with doctors of the Recompression unit of the navy in the Netherlands at that time. Seemed to be a good alternative for far away places and if done immediately after surfacing. A problem I came across here in Indonesia at that time was the proper equipment. Since DAN does not recommend it (?) we sort of let the idea go and I did not check for any updates. Butdo you know if live aboards in Indonesia (or other places) have it in their safety protocol already?

Back
Top Bottom