Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mentioned Belgium, and Belgium have gone on the record as saying they have inflated their covid-19 death toll by 100%.

...Professor Steven Van Gucht.The virologist and public face of Brussels' scientific response to the crisis says Belgium's "honest" method of counting COVID-19 victims means the country's death rate should be divided by two for a more accurate comparison with most other nations.

Picking and choosing which OFFICIAL death tolls are correct is beyond comprehension. All these false statistics will go down in history as facts
This is perfectly correct. Belgium is currently the only country reporting the total number of excess deaths. Here in Italy we reported just half of the excess deaths as caused by COVID-19. So yes, for making the data comparable, a factor 2 must be applied. But the fact is that Belgium was correct, it is Italy who is under-reporting half of the excess deaths...
So, instead of dividing the number of deaths in Belgium by 2, it is our number of deaths in Italy which should be doubled...
This excess mortality is caused by Covid-19 only indirectly: the health system collapsed, and no therapy was given anymore to patents with cancer or hearth problems, so a number of excess deaths occurred to people who did not get the virus, as a direct consequence of the lack of proper therapies.
And of course there was a number of people who died at home and were never tested for COVID-19...
In any case, a factor of 2 between the real number of deaths and the officially reported number is perfectly correct for Italy.

You mentioned Belgium, and Belgium have gone on the record as saying they have inflated their covid-19 death toll by 100%.

...Professor Steven Van Gucht.The virologist and public face of Brussels' scientific response to the crisis says Belgium's "honest" method of counting COVID-19 victims means the country's death rate should be divided by two for a more accurate comparison with most other nations.

Picking and choosing which OFFICIAL death tolls are correct is beyond comprehension. All these false statistics will go down in history as facts
No, they counted the actual excess mortality. Other countries such as the Netherlands only the registered deaths in hospitals.

And most other scientist have no clue why he thinks that. Please look at the numbers in Brazil, India, Mexico.
I have a clue, as my doctor friends reported the same to me: it appears that patients are carrying the same virus as one month ago, but with much smaller number of virus particles. They cal it the "Viral load", and it is now 1/10 of what was one month ago. No one has an explanation of this, but thousands of lab tests done each day confirm this fact. I hope that this fact also happens soon in other countries, where this is not yet occurring...

No, they counted the actual excess mortality. Other countries such as the Netherlands only the registered deaths in hospitals.

No they counted Covid-19 deaths and inflated the death toll by 100%. As another Scubaboard member pointed out they double counted death of the same person in some cases, & even counted people dead that were still alive...not even accurate enough to be taken seriously in excess mortality rates also

Why there are lies, damned lies...and coronavirus death statistics | Daily Mail Online

There is currently no internationally recognised format for recording deaths. It is not always clear if a patient died of coronavirus, or from something else while being infected with it.

'The death rates are a minefield,' says Dr John Lee, a retired NHS pathologist. 'It's the same disease and yet you've got rates varying by about 300-fold between nations. That's likely mainly due to systematic differences in management, health services, recording and testing, and even different strains.'

Why there are lies, damned lies...and coronavirus death statistics | Daily Mail Online

There is currently no internationally recognised format for recording deaths. It is not always clear if a patient died of coronavirus, or from something else while being infected with it.

'The death rates are a minefield,' says Dr John Lee, a retired NHS pathologist. 'It's the same disease and yet you've got rates varying by about 300-fold between nations. That's likely mainly due to systematic differences in management, health services, recording and testing, and even different strains.'
Absolutely true. In fact the only reliable death data are those counting simply the total monthly deaths, for all causes, and comparing them with the same monthly deaths in previous years.
Only problem of these data is that typically they are available only a couple of months later than the selected month, as they come from register offices of municipalities, which are very slow sending data to the central statistics offices. In some countries these data are updated only once per year...
So it will take months before we have realistic data for most countries.
Italy is not that bad, we have now exact death data for March and April officially released by ISTAT. And these data show an excess mortality of approximately 51.000 deaths, whilst the officially reported deaths from COVID-19 are around 33.000.
Hence we know that the under-reporting ratio here is around 1.54 . This factor is yet unknown in many countries, many say it is around 2, which I think is reasonable...
The data from Italy are reported here (it is a scientific paper from Berkeley University): https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.15.20067074v3.full.pdf
I think that we need at least other 2 months for getting better data, extending the analysis to more countries.

Is there really such an insurrance anywhere in the world? Which covers if your business is without any income, but still has many costs, for maybe as long as 1 year or more? An insurrance which also covers during a pandemic and other natural disasters?

Same answer as for all insurance before it exists likley 'not yet' A friend of mine works for Lloyds of London underwriting special risks. ( although that is more kidnap recovery etc.) His take is that insurers will and can come up with any sort of insurance if a collective industry body demands it, Their job is literally to insure anything...the only reason it doesn't happen is because the respective industry either:

A) Hasn't been successful sued for enough yet
B) The industry doesn't care due to 'A'

Apparently industry bodies regularly think that insurance requirements will always sink their industry because customers won't pay more, blah, blah (ATOL in the UK etc. that was supposed to be the end of tour companies...) it never happens, customers do still engage, usually more because they are now protected.

A couple of reasons--the vaccine never covers all the varieties of flu out there, and when I have had it a couple times I got sick from the vaccine. I've never had the flu any other time. I'd much rather take my chances getting flu than dealing with that vaccine. And, I won't take any vaccine they come up with for Coronavirus.

A couple of reasons--the vaccine never covers all the varieties of flu out there, and when I have had it a couple times I got sick from the vaccine. I've never had the flu any other time. I'd much rather take my chances getting flu than dealing with that vaccine. And, I won't take any vaccine they come up with for Coronavirus.
Good luck to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom