Fuvahmulah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i‘m not sure if he still is working ... i heard some storys.

but anyhow as i dived with FDS we always were a big group - splitting when action came.

??
Please feel free to send me a private message

the into the blue dives can be crazy - we had big hammerhead schools 5 days in a row every morning.

but they also can be a waist of time.

You were blessed. I've never seen a hammerhead there yet though we did have a lovely thresher one morning. I'm doubtful that I would bother to make those early morning dives again. So many if them for nothing, other than the breathing underwater which I love and FOMO.

At least your experience tells me that it is indeed a possibility rather than a myth.

You were blessed. I've never seen a hammerhead there yet though we did have a lovely thresher one morning. I'm doubtful that I would bother to make those early morning dives again. So many if them for nothing, other than the breathing underwater which I love and FOMO.

At least your experience tells me that it is indeed a possibility rather than a myth.

Beside the hammerheads we had every morning Tresher, Tigers in the Blue, One MolaMola and the Oceanic Manta`s - but i talked to someone who stayed there for 3 month and he confirmed that i was more then lucky.

This Fuvahmulah Dive School (FDS) video shows a bit better of close encounter of the Tiger Shark Kind. Next time I get the itch to come back to Maldives, I would include a couple of days with FDS in my itinerary.

Thanks... I have been told that the diving feeds the sharks to attract them. Did you experience that?
Hi, yeah at the Tiger zoo dive site they do dump tuna scraps to attract the sharks, however they don’t hand feed them. You will more than likely see some Tigers when open water diving where there is no feeding. Hope that helps.

Hi, There is generally 2/3 more decent hotel or accommodation. I gotten the full board and enjoyed the diving. Nothing very much to roam unless you have a guide or borrow the bicycle and ride around in your small group before sundown.

I am headed there in a few weeks. Is it easy to find a rental bicycle? I just want to pedal around for mild exercise rather than rent a scooter. Besides my 2 wheeler DL in my home country is expired. Are there traffic cops who will stop and ask for your DL?
I need to make my way to the dive shop every morning and back and want to cycle up and down…

At FDS, if I'm understanding your abbreviation correctly, one gets to dive with Panda and that's always fun.

Guess whom I met at DEMA today? I’ll be diving with FDS in December.

IMG_2589.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom