G2 Log Empty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've had my G2 for a while. Last time I downloaded my log I had 311 dives on it. Today I connected it to my iMac and tried to download the new dives. No new dives were detected. That was odd. I looked at the log on the G2 and it was empty other than dive statistics showing 320 dives, longest one 104 minutes, deepest 121 feet, total dive time 363 hours. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?
For now I'll dive with my G2 and my Luna as a backup to see if it just starts reloading dives again. One other problem is my Luna is an old UWATEC and can only communicate with an infrared light reader so downloading from it is impossible.

I've had my G2 for a while. Last time I downloaded my log I had 311 dives on it. Today I connected it to my iMac and tried to download the new dives. No new dives were detected. That was odd. I looked at the log on the G2 and it was empty other than dive statistics showing 320 dives, longest one 104 minutes, deepest 121 feet, total dive time 363 hours. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be?
For now I'll dive with my G2 and my Luna as a backup to see if it just starts reloading dives again. One other problem is my Luna is an old UWATEC and can only communicate with an infrared light reader so downloading from it is impossible.

Have you tried to communicate with SP's support? You can find the email in SP's website under support.

Scubapro doesn't monitor this forum at all.

I dropped by the Scubapro dealer here just a bit ago. Their guy that knows the software will be there tomorrow. As it happens I'll be close by again in the morning so I'll see him then.

Update. The guy at the shop couldn't determine why my log disappeared. He also pointed out that there was a firmware update available. I don't really trust the clunky POS LogTRAK so that firmware update isn't worth the trouble. I went diving yesterday. Computer worked fine and logged that dive. I'll just have to download dives more frequently in the future in case someone needs to know how many I have.
I reached out to SP support on Monday. Not a peep so far.

deleted, wrong thread.

Which software are you trying to use? Do you have the dives saved somewhere, or were they all on the computer? If you want to try to get them off of the Luna, you could download them to Subsurface or similar software? There is an online conversion available to convert Smart Trak to Subsurface and then at least you’ll have them in real dive log software. @morejanus may also have a solution for you. Scubapro makes nice gear, but their software is terrible! I personally use Mac-Dive and it is fantastic. I don’t think it will convert a Smart-Trak file though.

I may have hit a wrong button or something. End result was losing about 6 dives. I download by dive log more frequently now. I use MacDive. I wish there was a way to tell the program what size my tanks are so the SAC calculation means something. It's almost as clunky as the Scubapro software...which is worse on a Mac than a PC but that's another story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom