G2 Transmitter Battey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have gone through the manual and SB for a couple days now and cannot find anything. How can I check the transmitter battery level without taking the transmitter apart. I am leaving for Cancun in a few days and want to make sure everything checks out. Thanks.

You should get a message on your G2 display when your transmitter battery is low. Note sometimes this message also appears (erroneously) when you first get in the water. As a precaution I would simply take a spare battery with you. You can replace it yourself, or have the dive shop there do it.

Since the G2 is so new, it's unlikely the battery will die on you. But I agree with Russell, if you're worried take a spare battery with you. These lithium batteries have a very long shelf life (about 10 years).

Thanks guys. My old computer showed the receiver battery level on the main screen. Hold down a button and it would show the transmitter battery level. Was hoping the G2 had something similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom