G250V & G260 differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently acquired a MK15 with a G200B. It came with a kit but the poppet's rubber seat is too small in diameter to seal with the orifice. I've been looking for a kit or poppet for the G200B or the G250 and have not found any. Anyone know where to get one? You guys are talking like the problem is which one to get, but I'm not finding any. I also got the old poppet but the seat is too worn to use.

Thanks.

vintage double hose...

I looked at VDH and Northeastscuba and ebay and Google and somehow missed it. I found a kit on ebay that includes the poppet but they want $75 and for that I can buy a recently rebuilt G200. Are you selling the poppet alone, or in a kit?

It's peculiar because the kit that came with the regulator says "G250 G200B/Bal.Adj.N" on the label but the valve seat end of it is smaller in diameter than what is needed, plus it is smaller than the pictures I've seen of the correct poppet. Maybe someone switched it in the package at some point. It's difficult for me to imagine that anyone would make a smaller volcano orifice. Every one I've ever seen (a dozen maybe) have been larger and pretty much the same size on all of them no matter who made it.

You can pick up the complete kit with upgraded poppet on E-Bay for $30 shipped from Hong Kong. I got a couple of them before I discovered Scubaboard. But check with buddahsummer.

If you have the s-wing already:

Store | Vintage Double Hose

If you don't (but seems out of stock):

@buddhasummer might be able to get you s-wing poppet.....

unidon was selling them on ebXX at one time, and a couple folks here (Simon being one) also have been sources... see if those folks chime in (or PM you)...

Scubapro G250V / G260 Service Kit With Poppet For Second Stage 4048336096959 | eBay

SCUBAPRO 2nd St kit : for S555/600/G250 11.254.045 | eBay

I looked at VDH and Northeastscuba and ebay and Google and somehow missed it. I found a kit on ebay that includes the poppet but they want $75 and for that I can buy a recently rebuilt G200. Are you selling the poppet alone, or in a kit?

On the second link above I offered him $13 each and he accepted. Pretty good deal. First one includes the poppet upgrade.

If you have the s-wing already:

If you don't (but seems out of stock):

@buddhasummer might be able to get you s-wing poppet.....

unidon was selling them on ebXX at one time, and a couple folks here (Simon being one) also have been sources... see if those folks chime in (or PM you)...

I finally found the "out of stock" one on VDH after learning to search for the "upgrade kit." Then I searched on eBay for the upgrade kit and found the right one for $16 but it didn't show up with my other search terms (service kit etc). This one is called a "repair kit" so maybe it doesn't come with everything but I think I already have the other, correct parts. So far I have not come across any poppets that look like the one I have with the smaller LP seat. My G200B also came with the original, blue poppet and a black balanced chamber thing. So far I don't know what the little, black plastic plug is for but I've seen them in kits for sale.

Thanks everyone!

WP_20191116_005.jpg WP_20191116_009.jpg

The black plastic plug is for securing the cover from rotating on R190`s and a couple of other Scubapro regulators. It plugs into the outside of the case. Your G250 poppet looks to me like the outer edge of the LP seat got trimmed away. If you get the kit from VDH it will include a new one that goes flush with the outside edge. See if it pulls out. Pic of what it looks like installed properly and out of the poppet.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 85
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 82
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 85
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back