Gabi Loco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

old gaffer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was on a dive trip back in April and tried to find Gabi Loco's shop but did not find it. I was in Cozumel on a one day cruise stop last week and did not think that I would find him yet I did. We talked about how he is doing and his responses were heartfelt and humbling. I bought one of his carvings and wished him well. If you are there please pay him a visit and buy something to help support his family. You will be richer for the visit.

gaffer

I was on a dive trip back in April and tried to find Gabi Loco's shop but did not find it. I was in Cozumel on a one day cruise stop last week and did not think that I would find him yet I did. We talked about how he is doing and his responses were heartfelt and humbling. I bought one of his carvings and wished him well. If you are there please pay him a visit and buy something to help support his family. You will be richer for the visit.

gaffer

It might help if you mention where you found it.

OK, as part of the Gabi Loco rescue project, I need to know where he is. I only met him once after paying his medical bills at the SSS Chamber, then smuggled his "racing" wheel chair from the US. I did not know he had a shop. So where?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I had people hand him money too and I only ever saw him as he whizzed by in his chair in Ironman one year. Like 'Hey that was Gabi"

I found his shop in Plaza del Sol, the big yellow building in the back of the Benito Juarez park (the one by the ferry). It was as I recall on the first floor, south side, face west to see the door. I found it by just going in the first floor and asking another shop owner which is my suggestion.

I had people hand him money too and I only ever saw him as he whizzed by in his chair in Ironman one year. Like 'Hey that was Gabi"

I found his shop in Plaza del Sol, the big yellow building in the back of the Benito Juarez park (the one by the ferry). It was as I recall on the first floor, south side, face west to see the door. I found it by just going in the first floor and asking another shop owner which is my suggestion.

I think it's on the west side, just to the right (south) of the open area. We didn't go into his shop, but visited with him briefly in front of what I assumed was his shop.

The easiest way to find his shop is to enter Plaza del Sol from the parking area off of 10 Av. Once inside, take the first left. Gabi's shop is on the left at the corner of the next intersection at Local #15.

If it's closed, his sister's larger shop is to your right as you face Gabi's door. She can open up or contact him.

There's an old thread with some pictures here.

gaffer

That is great! The closest Plaza del Sol entrance to get to Gaby's shop is the one opposite Woody's Bar and Grill. His shop is not easy to find if you don't have an idea of where he is located. He has some nice handmade crafts that he makes so please support him if you can as low season has been very slow. Also, he and his wife Maria will come and prepare a home cooked Mexican meal for folks who are staying at a condo/apartment or house.

Gaby has had a tough road since his accident,some ups and downs, but he has evolved into a great role model for not only people who are paralyzed but able bodied folks as well.

Please seek him out or contact him on facebook under Gabriel Silva to ask about his products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom