Galapagos, Cocos, Socorro - Anyone been to all three?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, my friends are back. They said no matter what you have to go through to get there, no matter the price, no matter the flight schedule, Raja Ampat is worth it. They are ready to go again.

Now you know why I’ve been there 7 times & the 8th time is in January 2020. :D

Never been to the Galapagos but have been to Cocos twice and Socorro once. Headed back to Socorro this coming November.

The single best dive I have ever done was a baitball dive in Cocos. The best dive trip I have ever been on was Socorro. We saw it all in Socorro. Mantas, dolphins up close, sharks including schooling hammerheads, rays, and whale sharks.

Socorro is getting crowded. Quite a few boats go there now. I like the Rocio Del Mar. Great operation and probably the best crew of any liveaboard I have been on. But the best part is they start their trips in November while most of the others start in December. The first time I was in Socorro on the RDM we only saw one other boat the entire time we were there and that was in November. I can highly recommend a November trip on the RDM.

Thanks for the info.

Why November? I’m thinking of going back to Socorro in May 2021 to see bailball in addition to those amazing things you mentioned.

I like November for Socorro because the water is warm and there are only two operations that go in November so it’s not too crowded during that time.

Most operations are still doing the great white dives in November and starting around December, Socorro gets really busy. The RDM run Socorro trips in November.

November and December gives you the best shot at a whale shark but May would probably give you a better shot at a whale.

I like November for Socorro because the water is warm and there are only two operations that go in November so it’s not too crowded during that time.

Most operations are still doing the great white dives in November and starting around December, Socorro gets really busy. The RDM run Socorro trips in November.

November and December gives you the best shot at a whale shark but May would probably give you a better shot at a whale.

My last December trip to Socorro was surprisingly quiet. We only saw one liveaboard, Rocio Del Mar on the last day, 30 December, 2018. We staggered the dive in San Benedicto. They came in as we were leaving. Not bad at all.

I’ll come back to Socorro, may be in May 2021 during baitball season.

91961109-C63B-4A24-B244-4D099DE5E122.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom