Galapagos Group Trip - Whale Shark Season!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hbscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Dive and Travel Adventure's Trip To:

The Galapagos Islands!

July 5 – 12, 2010 – Whale Shark Season!!!
(Actual Trip Dates July 3 - 14 with flight days and add-ons)​

Another adventure of a lifetime! We are going back during this spectacular time of year to dive with these magnificent marine mammals – the gentle Whale Sharks! Galapagos offers more than the mind can imagine. It is a breathtaking world. The wealth of marine life is incredible and exciting! Whale Sharks, schooling hammerheads, other sharks, huge rays (and schools of them), turtles, penguins, seals and sea lions….and even the nudibrachs and seahorses!!! Absolutely incredible!

New Live Aboard: Humboldt Explorer!
This time, we’ll be diving from a brand new luxury dive yacht with Explorer Ventures, The Humbolt Explorer! Your yacht has exceptional amenities. All cabins are air-conditioned and have private bath and showers, an ocean view, flat screen televisions and can be arranged to provide 2 twin beds or one large bed depending on guest needs. A partially covered sundeck with jacuzzi and ample seating areas, a salon including a lounge area, a spacious dive deck with a large camera table are just some of the features. You will be wowed by the incredible marine life and exceptional accommodations! The live aboard only holds 16, and we have only 6 spaces left, so reserve your space now! Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving.

The Trip Includes:
** 7 nights/8 days aboard the luxury live aboard, the Humboldt Explorer
** 3 Delicious Meals Daily, between-dive snacks, beverages (alcoholic and non)
** Up to 5 dives daily (days vary), tanks, weights
** Detailed Dive Briefings and Knowledgeable Dive Masters as Guides
** Recharging station for strobes, batteries, etc.
** Nitrox Available ** Towels, Linens
** Port and Immigration Fees ** Group T-shirt
** Group Leader from Dive and Travel Adventures – Heather Bloom, Divemaster
(This will be Heather's 3rd trip to the Galapagos, and she can't wait to go back as your group leader!)

Check out the last Galapagos group trip pics and travel log at Galapagos 2007 Travel Log | Dive & Travel Adventures Wow!

Cost: $3895 pp* for the live aboard, plus $100 Galapagos Park Fee, $100 fuel surcharge, and $25 departure tax. Group airfare rates are now available from our supplier from any area of the country. You may also use frequent flyer miles. Live aboard crew gratuities, hotel, inner island airfare, airport transfers and tours in Ecuador are additional. The group is flying into Quito one day early for a meaningful day tour of the area. They are also staying one extra night, land-based in the Galapagos Islands for exceptional touring. $500 non-refundable deposits due immediately to reserve your spots. Trip cancellation insurance available. Reserve your space today, as space is limited to 16! (6 spaces are left!) Group Leader: Heather Bloom. Email her at hbscuba@aol.com for more details and/or to sign up today! *Please note: This trip was booked early, so this pricing reflects a savings of $400 pp compared to normal pricing!

Hello Divengolf,
Very good question! As you must know, hence the question, that there is now a limit to the number of live aboard dive vessels in the Galapagos. According to the live aboard company, Explorer Venturers, this vessel is approved to replace the Estella del Mar, also owned by them. It took a while to get the approval, but they have it! Please let me know what other questions you may have.

There is a lot of misinformation regardsing permits to Darwin and WOlf.
I have researched this as well and been in contact with Explorer Ventures. According to Explorer Ventures the permit information listed above is not correct. Perhaps you misunderstood the permit information you were provided. The Humboldt Explorer has its own dive permit. Estrella del Mar will also be operating dive trips in 2010 with dive trips on their own diving permit.

There is a lot of misinformation regardsing permits to Darwin and WOlf.
I have researched this as well and been in contact with Explorer Ventures. According to Explorer Ventures the permit information listed above is not correct. Perhaps you misunderstood the permit information you were provided. The Humboldt Explorer has its own dive permit. Estrella del Mar will also be operating dive trips in 2010 with dive trips on their own diving permit.

Pikeblenny: Could you explain what you mean by incorrect information. It appears that EV is using the Humboldt in 2010 and it has a vaild permit for 2010 per your post.

Have you confirmed that their permit includes W/D??

Explorer Ventures doesn't own the Estrella Del Mar. They lease the boat/crew from Galasam an ecuadorian company that operates the ship.

Explorer Ventures doesn't own the Estrella Del Mar. They lease the boat/crew from Galasam an ecuadorian company that operates the ship.

I don't believe that they own the Humboldt either. Does anyone know for sure?

Not sure it makes any difference if the boat has a W/D permit.

The Humboldt Explorer has a new permit for 2010 that does include Darwin and Wolf. Explorer Ventures does not own the Humboldt. The boat belongs to Galasam, an Ecuadorian company, as did Estrella del Mar. It is not the Estrella del Mar's permit. It is a new one. Hope that helps.

Thank you for all the clarification on this. Yes, the Humboldt Explorer does have a new permit beginning in 2010 that includes Darwin and Wolf, thankfully! :D Also, some clarification on the live aboard group trip I am offering during Whale Shark season on the new Humboldt Explorer:
1) The number of dives offered each day is 2 - 4, regulated by the National Park service. Initially, I said up to 5 dives/day. That was incorrect. (I remember when I was there in 2003 when we did up to 5 dives/day and we could night dive, but no longer.)
2) The fuel surcharge is now $150. (It was $100 when I first deposited on this live aboard. Fuel surcharges are subject to change.)
3) The departure tax has also gone up from Quito: It is now $41, not $25.
I apologize for any inconvenience this caused anyone.

On a happier note, Explorer Ventures is honoring the lower price on this trip for Dive and Travel Adventures, as it was deposited almost 3 years ago!! I have 5 spaces left on the new Humboldt Explorer, with the base price at $3895 for whale shark time: July 5 - 12, 2010. This is a savings of $400 per person on this brand new live aboard. Sweet! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom