Galapagos; is it really worth $5k US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

go scuba7 go! imagine whale sharks up to 50' long! hundreds of hammers, mola molas, sea lions up close (at cousins), swarms of barracudas, hundreds upon hundreds of jacks, silkies, galapagos sharks, half a gajillion creole fish. its a veritable fish soup! bring either kevlar gloves or at least 1 set of spares if you're using leather.

i went with Deep Blue.

Last edited:
go scuba7 go! imagine whale sharks up to 50' long! hundreds of hammers, mola molas, sea lions up close (at cousins), swarms of barracudas, hundreds upon hundreds of jacks, silkies, galapagos sharks, half a gajillion creole fish. its a veritable fish soup! bring either kevlar gloves or at least 1 set of spares if you're using leather.

i went with Deep Blue.

Not whale shark season in May tho.
So might have to go another time.

cheers

Land based diving is a more flexible and lower cost option. There are several operators licensed by the Galapagos National Park at Santa Cruz Island. My own shop, Scuba Iguana, is one of them. The land based dives go on fast launches to some exciting sites like Gordon Rocks, famed for hammerheads.

Reactions: Doc
PM sent. Unless something drastic happens by the end of this month, the Park will again allow 4 dives per day and no longer limit it to 3. Talking about allowing night dives, too and looks like they will.

And ps...doesn't have to cost $5K...specials announced today. Look in Trips and Marketplace South America here on Scubaboard. Just posted specials.

The Galapagos is just fantastic, it worth every single penny and more....it will blow your mind !! There is no other place like it and it's the absolute gem of planet earth.....go !! You just have to go !!

I took some pics with just a point and shoot camera, not the best pics but will give you an idea of whats to see....if you love diving and nature then Galapagos is a MUST !!

Below the waves....
http://www.warrenssite.com/Galapagos/Galapagos/17943285_qPTFzs#!i=1924655437&k=zp2fVxS

Above the waves....
http://www.warrenssite.com/Galapagos/Galapagos-Above-the-water/23756696_7txLvZ#!i=1929694682&k=tFkPkLX

What kind of point and shot were you using? The pictures look amazing!

i went with Deep Blue.
YOU FORGOT THE PENGUINS!!!!!!!!
cool little dudes that really rip in the water!!!!!
unless you're going to antarctica,great place to be with 'em!!
have fun
yaeg

Land based diving is a more flexible and lower cost option. There are several operators licensed by the Galapagos National Park at Santa Cruz Island. My own shop, Scuba Iguana, is one of them. The land based dives go on fast launches to some exciting sites like Gordon Rocks, famed for hammerheads.

Thanks mate, will check that out.

Back
Top Bottom